ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Edwards
2x vintage 30's 4x tubes etc etc blah blah.
Its on TM for 2200 but will sell direct for 2k or consider offers.
Sorry im in a hurry atm. Can give more dets later if needed.
BY Bg
jvpp wrote:No time to say hello?

apparently not...
BY Edwards
Sorry to be so rude. Hello. Wifey was going on bout sumfing and it flustered me as i was trying to do other things at same time.
I will take some better pics hopefully in next day or 2.
Heres the trademe link. Im interested in people's feedback re value. They were available in nz for 4500nzd when i bought it years ago but i dunno how that translates to its value now at this time.
I think it wud be bigger heavier more powerful than some wud want or need. I never had the vol above about 2 as it was mic'd. I love it tho its a sweetie.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... f59c1c-002
BY Edwards
Btw is capt black still alive?
BY KNNZ
Edwards wrote:Sorry to be so rude. Hello. Wifey was going on bout sumfing and it flustered me as i was trying to do other things at same time.
I will take some better pics hopefully in next day or 2.
Heres the trademe link. Im interested in people's feedback re value. They were available in nz for 4500nzd when i bought it years ago but i dunno how that translates to its value now at this time.
I think it wud be bigger heavier more powerful than some wud want or need. I never had the vol above about 2 as it was mic'd. I love it tho its a sweetie.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... f59c1c-002

In this crowd? $450 :mrgreen:
you'd be lucky to get that even!
:wink:
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
KNNZ wrote:In this crowd? $450 :mrgreen:
you'd be lucky to get that even!
:wink:

I've seen a few Rivera's sell over the last year (although most were heads rather than cabs) and from memory they sold around the $1k mark. I got offered a Sedona a while back for a little over $1k and I remember him struggling to sell that for months. Not sure what happened to it in the end

Anyhow, GLWTS and a very nice amp for sure :thumbup:
BY Edwards
Cheers. Yeah there seem to be more of the heads around. I dont really need to sell it, its more a matter of finding some space to put it away in i guess, if i kept it. But thats the thing, i wont be using it anymore, so i think its worth putting it out there.
So 1k plus whatever 2x v30's and a cab are worth? I will have to google the v30's value i guess
BY Edwards
RS have a marshall cab w/ 2x v30's for 1299rrp. I guess you can halve that for 2nd hand?
So maybe around 1600 is fair? Handbuilt by the fellah in cali tho, must count for something?
I will leave it at 2k and just remain flexible about discussions on value.
BY Mosfet
I bought my Rivera head from Kloppsta for like ~1250. Plus a mesa 2x12 for about ~800. I think your 2k mark is probably in the right range at least. 1600 maybe cheap
BY jeremyb
If you're not in a rush just list it and wait, the market for something like this is pretty small, despite it likely being an epic amp, people tend to stick to the more boring bread and potatoes stuff as its a known quantity and easy to flick on :(
BY The Scarecrow
$1600 is probalby about the top end in this market, and it might sit for a while as the average joe doesn't recognise the brand. I sold a late 90's Rivera Knucklehead 100w head for about 1k a couple of years ago and thought I was doing okay. Chances are it's a lot of value for money, but it's in that odd space between mass-market and boutique and will only appeal to a certain person. Not a direct comparison, but the market seems hotter for stuff like Katanas these days.
BY GrantB
Serious question - why 100w for a studio amp? Seems, optimistic?
BY Edwards
Please ask Rivera Snr why its 100w ;-)
Yep JB i will take some proper pics and then store it away. I remembered that Rivera was fussy even about the wood used in the cabinet on these, and to anyone who has used one (most reviews are in the US obviously) there is nothing to match these.
Cheers for all the feedback.
BY Edwards
Updated some pics on the tm listing. Btw I cant get on this forum with my pc cos my anti virus says the site has a trojan. So just using android.
Anyway looking at the various fender twins for 2k on tm i think this is in safe territory at 2k. Can always work in the roadcase to sweeten up the deal or something. Going into storage now for the time being.