ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Mike Clayton
Up for grabs is my recently finished Fender Tweed Princeton 5F2-A combo with built-in power attenuator for bedroom shredding. $1055.00 - Electronics by me, cab by BG. I build vintage valve amps as a hobby, not for profit! See TradeMe for full details https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2396364223.

Here's the money shot...

Gutshot+speaker.jpg
Gutshot+speaker.jpg (523.81 KiB) Viewed 325 times
Last edited by Mike Clayton on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BY Bg
This is the first cab I've rounded the back edges over.... normally I leave them flat, its a subtle difference.
8" in a big box has got to be good. My vibrolux is a 10" in a 5e3 size cab :)

easy JB, hold the tiger at bay.
BY Bg
How does that 8" sound in there?
BY Mike Clayton
jeremyb wrote:Looks amazing, wish I could do one justice playing wise, doesn't get cooler than tweed!!

It's ironic really - Leo aimed these (& Champs which are essentially identical amps bar the addition of a tone control) at the "student" end of the market. Then they end up getting recorded for classics such as Layla & now we covet them. Maybe I'd better hang on to my Peavey Rage 158...
Last edited by Mike Clayton on Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BY Mike Clayton
KNNZ wrote:Very nice! I would have preferred 12” though

I thought about that as the Tweed Princeton cab is the same dimensions as the Tweed Deluxe but a bit narrower. So I decided to go for the original 8" spec, but that 8" hole can be made into a 10" or 12" without too much trouble. It's mounted to a floating baffle which can be taken out by removing the 4 screws at the front.
BY jeremyb
KNNZ wrote:Very nice! I would have preferred 12” though

Wouldn't we all!! Missus wouldn't be so happy though :lol:
BY Conway
Mike Clayton wrote:I just extended the listing on TradeMe for another few days. Open to offers or swaps!

What sort of swaps might you be interested in???
BY Mike Clayton
Conway wrote:
Mike Clayton wrote:I just extended the listing on TradeMe for another few days. Open to offers or swaps!

What sort of swaps might you be interested in???

I honestly have no idea! Part swap & some money perhaps because I need the cash for the next build :) Just thought I'd put it out there. What you got?