Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Dharmajester
I picked up a Redplate Blackverb from Troy a ways back and afterwards became aware that it has been through a succession of forum owners.
Just wondering why previous custodians passed it on as I fucking love it and can't imagine anyone not being equally enamoured.
Initial impression wasn't terribly favourable but after 5 hours with it in the lounge just playing and tweaking settings with a p90's Special I found the sweet spot and there it has remained ever since.
BY GrantB
That be mine...
Molly wrote:May take a drive down next week if you're up for a visit. I'd like to give it a go. Was 'nearly' mine once though can't recall who was selling it at the time.

Cripes Bunter. I'd no idea you were back already. Feel free. Wife's off on her annual retreat so lounge looks like the local RS :lol:
BY Molly
Dharmajester wrote:
Molly wrote:May take a drive down next week if you're up for a visit. I'd like to give it a go. Was 'nearly' mine once though can't recall who was selling it at the time.

Cripes Bunter. I'd no idea you were back already. Feel free. Wife's off on her annual retreat so lounge looks like the local RS :lol:

Not quite there. Singapore transit hotel at the mo.
Used to be mine too! Was a great amp, but I was on a 'must EL84' thing at the time, ended up with Matchless Lightning and a Nighthawk at the same time.

Shoulda bought a DC30 and been done with it.