Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Molly
Not feeling gassy at the moment. Want my gear to hurry up and arrive from the UK but that aside, I just want a rosewood Strat really.
BY sizzlingbadger
I want that Tokai LP Special on TradeMe
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
sizzlingbadger wrote:I want that Tokai LP Special on TradeMe

Can't believe Troy's one hasn't sold yet, free shipping too. Might be just a tough time of year to try to shift stuff aye
BY Jellybelly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
sizzlingbadger wrote:I want that Tokai LP Special on TradeMe

Can't believe Troy's one hasn't sold yet, free shipping too. Might be just a tough time of year to try to shift stuff aye

Buggered if I know why it is still not sold.
Thing is mint and have even offered it up for 1250 inc freight on the forum and still it sits. PRS is also a steal at 2k for anyone here :thumbup:
BY jimi
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:After a nice set of PAF's for my LP Standard. Seriously thinking about pre-ordering a set of these...

https://reverb.com/nz/item/29692751-mojotone-premium-historic-limited-59-p-a-f-humbucker-set

Stock ones no good?

When I got my LP (05 std) I was expecting to do a bit of pickup swapping/ hunting, but the burst buckers in there turned out to be too good to take out.

Played a bunch of forum LPs at gearfests and pretty comfortable that I’m not missing out.
BY jimi
jimi wrote:When I got my LP (05 std) I was expecting to do a bit of pickup swapping/ hunting, but the burst buckers in there turned out to be too good to take out.

Haha, so I posted this then thought I’ll go read some threads about the BB Pro’s... turns out of people who can be bothered to post about them, there are a lot more saying they suck... I’m just going to assume 90% are forum warriors who feel the need to shit on Gibson pickups just because they aren’t <insert brand of favoured pickups here>.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
jimi wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:After a nice set of PAF's for my LP Standard. Seriously thinking about pre-ordering a set of these...

https://reverb.com/nz/item/29692751-mojotone-premium-historic-limited-59-p-a-f-humbucker-set

Stock ones no good?

When I got my LP (05 std) I was expecting to do a bit of pickup swapping/ hunting, but the burst buckers in there turned out to be too good to take out.

Played a bunch of forum LPs at gearfests and pretty comfortable that I’m not missing out.

They're okay, but seem to lack a little clarity and presence compared to the Tokai. I haven't taken them out, I'm sure they're stock but I don't know what they are off the top of my head
BY AiRdAd
jimi wrote:

Stock ones no good?

The les Paul custom I had 6 months ago had burstbuckers in it, and they were fantastic. I'm the same, I always change the pickups in my les Paul's. I even double checked them to make sure they weren't swapped out already. I've had burstbuckers before and they were OK, these were great
BY Dharmajester
Have always been disappointed with the standard Gibson CS pu's. However really does depend on the guitar. The current Custom Buckers which I have in a 2018 R8 do the job pretty well and are the first stock pu's I havn't hurried to whip out. Probably because they are the first unpotted set to come to me in a Gibson. I've always found the Classics and BB's sound better after an hour with a hairdryer to get some of the wax out of them.
BY jeremyb
I may have mentioned I'm having a thing for strats at the moment...
BY kdawg2a
jeremyb wrote:I may have mentioned I'm having a thing for strats at the moment...

One of the best things about kdawgs world of guitars is you can pretty much borrow one indefinately! And if for some reason ol' kdawg needs the one you have back, you can trade for a different colour!