Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Number 32

Post by Lawrence »

here we are!

Maple top, Kauri Frame, Walnut back - Faux Binding
Maple and Purpleheart neck with Boaund Rosewood Fretboard.
Little Crunchy mini Humbuckers
Brass Bridge

and Grant....you may recall the GS harness you sold me!

Image\
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Re: Number 32

Post by GrantB »

Hmmm, those photos aren’t loading on my phone…
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

looks amazing, I love the detail in the truss cover especially.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

button in the F hole for coil tap or phase or something ?

Not your best work. Thats sat on the stand here next to my desk - but a close second ;) And I too love the surfboard truss rod cover!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lawrence »

Bg wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:19 pm button in the F hole for coil tap or phase or something ?

Not your best work. Thats sat on the stand here next to my desk - but a close second ;) And I too love the surfboard truss rod cover!
I didn't consider how visible the switch would be...its a gibson style long switch (as noted from an SG harness) so its a bit obvious in the F hole.

Anyone have an opinion on the mini knobs? again driven by the harness and F-hole...full size ones sat too close.

O the joys of constant prototypes!
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Lawrence wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:31 pm
Bg wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:19 pm button in the F hole for coil tap or phase or something ?

I didn't consider how visible the switch would be...its a gibson style long switch (as noted from an SG harness) so its a bit obvious in the F hole.

Anyone have an opinion on the mini knobs? again driven by the harness and F-hole...full size ones sat too close.

O the joys of constant prototypes!
ah shit, yeah sorry, I wouldn't have mentioned it... spin it around a bit or paint it black maybe ;)

Not in love with mini knobs, like JB, I like them with a bit of girth, I prefer gibson speed knobs to the old top hat style.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lawrence »

Bg wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:42 pm
ah shit, yeah sorry, I wouldn't have mentioned it... spin it around a bit or paint it black maybe ;)

Not in love with mini knobs, like JB, I like them with a bit of girth, I prefer gibson speed knobs to the old top hat style.
[/quote]

painting it black is a good idea....to rotate it Id have to re do the harness soldering ...and soldering is not my strong point.

Ill give that a go.
GrantB wrote:

FuzzMonkey
Gibson
Has liked: 510 times
Been liked: 407 times

Post by FuzzMonkey »

Lovely.
"There's no creativity without vulnerability."

www.fantailaudio.com

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Outstanding!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Wow, congrats. Beautiful work.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

I of course disagree. The best one is sitting next to my desk! :rofl:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:40 pm

You're entitled to your opinion, however misguided and incorrect.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:45 pm
Slowy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:40 pm

You're entitled to your opinion, however misguided and incorrect.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
And Meatloaf is low hanging fruit, OK?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

hmmm 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lawrence »

Bg wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:48 pm hmmm 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
well maybe not Paradise by the Dashboard light, but 1 minute with a black sharpie certainly made the switch less obvious!
GrantB wrote: