PG Spark users thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: PG Spark users thread

Post by jeremyb »

Here ya go!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

couldn't be arsed watching all of that, but I guess "THE" fix is to use an EQ in one of "THE" pedal slots.
Not really a fix then.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Bg wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:15 pm couldn't be arsed watching all of that, but I guess "THE" fix is to use an EQ in one of "THE" pedal slots.
Not really a fix then.
TL;DR challenge completed!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

captainfruitbat
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by captainfruitbat »

Bg wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:15 pm couldn't be arsed watching all of that, but I guess "THE" fix is to use an EQ in one of "THE" pedal slots.
Not really a fix then.
Nope not really a fix. EQ "pedal" has to go in the modulation slot, so if yoi use it, then you can't use chorua, phaser, flanger etc.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:03 pm
Not really a fix then.
TL;DR challenge completed!
TL;DW more like.... didn't need to watch past the first 30 seconds ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

bassegg
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by bassegg »

Bumping this... is the Spark still the shizz?? I'm quite to keen to grab one of these for low volume guitar and bass practice. Form factor looks great.
It looks like the only place to buy them is Amazon AU.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I liked mine and it served its purpose for me, which was for noodling and keeping me sane while in the UK and MIQ. Nicely portable. I thought the inbuilt speakers were a weak point, maybe because full range or something. In the same way as the Katana 100 head speaker is a bit crap.

I don't miss it, in hindsight just headphones, laptop, bias amp would have done me.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

I’ve owned two now and will likely buy the mini, you can buy the original direct from the website, ships quick from Aussie!

vinylguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by vinylguy »

My son in Melbourne wanted to buy me one for Christmas. I had a look at his setup: No we are all good thanks....

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

I had a couple. Like BG said, good for noodling, sounds better through headphones than the speakers, pretty loud if you need it to be.
I used to use mine Bluetoothd to my phone to play along to cover songs I needed to learn for my band.

bassegg
Stagg
Stagg

Post by bassegg »

Interesting. It would be mostly headphones playing. I guess I could also just grab a decent interface and some kind of modelling software.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

Yeah. Recorded sounds are ok with it. But you will get better results with an interface and something like a Neural or Amplitube plug in.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

bassegg wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:34 am Interesting. It would be mostly headphones playing. I guess I could also just grab a decent interface and some kind of modelling software.
Theres the convenience factor of an amp sitting there ready to go, plus the Spark software is pretty cool if you wanna jam along with songs from spotify or youtube or have drum tracks etc...

bassegg
Stagg
Stagg

Post by bassegg »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:31 am
bassegg wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:34 am Interesting. It would be mostly headphones playing. I guess I could also just grab a decent interface and some kind of modelling software.
Theres the convenience factor of an amp sitting there ready to go, plus the Spark software is pretty cool if you wanna jam along with songs from spotify or youtube or have drum tracks etc...
Yeah, I like the idea of just taking it into any room in the house (or out on the deck) and jamming away. Can’t do that with an interface.

How is the Spark clean channel with pedals?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

bassegg wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:41 am
jeremyb wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:31 am
Yeah, I like the idea of just taking it into any room in the house (or out on the deck) and jamming away. Can’t do that with an interface.

How is the Spark clean channel with pedals?
I was a bit underwhelmed using it with pedals, far better to use the built in ones thru the app :-)