werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Re: Gear auction today

Post by werdna »

On the subject of death, I like to think of myself as a positive person. You put me in a situation and I'll make the best of it with a smile on my face. I'll probably do well in death, because I tend to find the pluses in any situation. As my heart stops beating and my brain function ceases, I'll just put a smile on my face and get ready for the next bit of fun coming my way. I know death scares a lot of people, but I've always been confident in getting the most out of a situation. After all, we all die so once you've got past the idea of your body completely shutting down and starting to decompose as flies lay eggs in your eyes and mouth, how bad can it be? It's only death if you choose to think of it that way.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

I'll probably do well in death, As my heart stops beating, because I tend to find the pulses in any situation.
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

blackstratblues
Gibson
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 487 times

Post by blackstratblues »

werdna wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:00 am On the subject of death, I like to think of myself as a positive person. You put me in a situation and I'll make the best of it with a smile on my face. I'll probably do well in death, because I tend to find the pluses in any situation. As my heart stops beating and my brain function ceases, I'll just put a smile on my face and get ready for the next bit of fun coming my way. I know death scares a lot of people, but I've always been confident in getting the most out of a situation. After all, we all die so once you've got past the idea of your body completely shutting down and starting to decompose as flies lay eggs in your eyes and mouth, how bad can it be? It's only death if you choose to think of it that way.
And I am not frightened of dying
Any time will do, I don't mind
Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

blackstratblues wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:06 am
werdna wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:00 am On the subject of death, I like to think of myself as a positive person. You put me in a situation and I'll make the best of it with a smile on my face. I'll probably do well in death, because I tend to find the pluses in any situation. As my heart stops beating and my brain function ceases, I'll just put a smile on my face and get ready for the next bit of fun coming my way. I know death scares a lot of people, but I've always been confident in getting the most out of a situation. After all, we all die so once you've got past the idea of your body completely shutting down and starting to decompose as flies lay eggs in your eyes and mouth, how bad can it be? It's only death if you choose to think of it that way.
And I am not frightened of dying
Any time will do, I don't mind
Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime
I worry about the grief of my family. Hate the idea of my kids going through bereavement. That's what scares me.

And yet I do nothing about my poor lifestyle choices... Thinks...

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Dying is the last big adventure, I finally get to find out what is on the other side.

Except if I'm right on how it ends, then I won't.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Bg wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:20 pm All my parents stuff gone through auction recently including my dads much loved shed tools and contents. Don’t want to know the price, a life’s work. Heartbreaking.
It must be hard to have to think of it that way mate, but if it brought him peace and joy in life, then what happened afterwards probably matters less. It's a shame you couldn't have it all though, if that's what would have brought you more peace.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 293 times

Post by murky »

Came here to see a pic of the Strat 🙁

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Danger Mouse wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:22 am Dying is the last big adventure, I finally get to find out what is on the other side.

Except if I'm right on how it ends, then I won't.
I think you are right, although you might have a fleeting moment of just getting a glimpse... before it fades away in front of your dying eyes :wink:
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

murky wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:19 am Came here to see a pic of the Strat 🙁
I've got it in bits. Sourcing some decent pickups.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

hamo wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:54 am
Bg wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:20 pm All my parents stuff gone through auction recently including my dads much loved shed tools and contents. Don’t want to know the price, a life’s work. Heartbreaking.
It must be hard to have to think of it that way mate, but if it brought him peace and joy in life, then what happened afterwards probably matters less. It's a shame you couldn't have it all though, if that's what would have brought you more peace.
It would have brought me a bit of peace at least, but then where would it all go when I went? Auctioned off for the cat rescue charity ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Molly wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:43 pm
JoeBlow wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:48 am I just can't see past that a poor dude has died, leaving his sweet gear behind 😢 R.I.P
I couldn't get past the feeling that ultimately this is where all my crap will end up. I might streamline it a bit to reduce the burden.

Feel the same way about my tools. They've taken forever to accumulate and at a deceased estate sale would take a few hours to disseminate. Nobody would know their back-story; what job on what bike they were originally bought for; where in the world they were bought, or were gifted to me. That's just the nature of stuff I suppose. And whilst I'd like my kids to want them, I wouldn't want them to hinder or be a burden.
I always thought this kind of stuff could make an interesting book. Certainly a good theme for a blog. So much of the stuff we collect/accumulate has a story attached to it. Having turned my studio upside down over the last weekend to lay carpet has drilled that point home.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

Molly wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:15 am The Marshall turns out to be the hand-wired edition. Makes up for me having spent a bit too much on the Strat.

Got a guy calling shortly who's a 'bit' of a guitar collector. 160 odd to be inexact.

20221218_152941.jpg
I think (could be wrong…since when do I think?!🙄) all the 1974s (obviously) and reissue 1974xs are hand-wired. The ‘x’ in the reissues denotes that they were part of a marketing run of a couple or three other models, that were reissued at the time, to distinguish them from new, high-end models that were valve/pcb types and entry level ss/pcb types.

Good to see that it has the original Dagnell PT. These are supposed to be part of the special sauce/OEM/specs that they were marketed as being as close to OG as you could ever get. In the early iteration run of the x, these were faulty causing the rectifier valve and HT fuse to blow until you swapped out the PT. Yours must be a later built one…very, very nice 👍

I look forward to reading of your travels with it. Should be an excellent, pleasing memory maker…enjoy the ride, dude.

As a sidebar: The 18 watt guys recommended the Heyboer wound, PT replacements as the closest performing/‘sounding?’ trannys…what Robthemac has in his GDS kit…really good!

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

Ummm...just how many 1974s/1974xs are owned by forumites? Is it the most popular amp model in this forum by (current/ex) ownership?

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

clubhouse wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:48 am Ummm...just how many 1974s/1974xs are owned by forumites? Is it the most popular amp model in this forum by (current/ex) ownership?
Would have to go a long way to beat the Katana or Spark in terms of ex ownership. :D
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

hamo wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:56 am
clubhouse wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:48 am Ummm...just how many 1974s/1974xs are owned by forumites? Is it the most popular amp model in this forum by (current/ex) ownership?
Would have to go a long way to beat the Katana or Spark in terms of ex ownership. :D
Well, then...you cats better start buyin' up 1974s!!! :lol:

How many Katanas and Sparks have cycled through forum hands? Or, is this...like... 'rugby talk,' hamo? :eh: don't get me into trouble, now.