Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Re: Black Friday 2022 Deals

Post by KNNZ »

MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:14 pm
jeremyb wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:34 pm Rockshop deals live now: https://www.rockshop.co.nz/gear/black-friday-2022
Underwhelmed apart from those Seymour Duncan pedals (Dark Sun rules).
I find their CyberMonday deals are somewhat sweeter. 15% off most items with free shipping if I remember correctly

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

Just got an email from Countdown about their Black Friday deals. Yes, that Countdown.

The deals weren't even that good.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

hamo wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:49 pm Just got an email from Countdown about their Black Friday deals. Yes, that Countdown.

They're the ones pushing prices up, causing inflation, while the government punishes us for spending so much (on groceries, incidentally). Rigged as :lol:

On topic:
Line 6 has a big sale on Helix Native, including crossgrades from hardware ($50 USD for HX Stomp owners, wooo!).

Also the Ampeg SVT plugin suite is half price.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

The top cause of inflation is corporate profits, but no ones talking about that...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:59 pm
hamo wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:49 pm Just got an email from Countdown about their Black Friday deals. Yes, that Countdown.

They're the ones pushing prices up, causing inflation, while the government punishes us for spending so much (on groceries, incidentally). Rigged as :lol:

On topic:
Line 6 has a big sale on Helix Native, including crossgrades from hardware ($50 USD for HX Stomp owners, wooo!).

Also the Ampeg SVT plugin suite is half price.
Thanks! Got myself a native license for $85. Good times
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Talking about Ampegs, might have to snag some more bass cabs from Two Notes to use with the torpedo wall of sound as they're doing 40% off black friday discounts...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Tone Lounge Black Friday 2022 sale starts tomorrow for 4 days - 15% off all new products* with coupon code: BF22

* pre-owned pedals excluded
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

I'm hoping the Rockshop will do a 15% off Cyber Monday thing this year...

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Bras N Things know how to do a proper Black Friday deal

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:21 pm The top cause of inflation is corporate profits, but no ones talking about that...
Corp profits tend to take money out of a system. Which is a different kind of challenge. And they’re relatively a constant in a social economic sense.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

GrantB wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:16 pm
jeremyb wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:21 pm The top cause of inflation is corporate profits, but no ones talking about that...
Corp profits tend to take money out of a system. Which is a different kind of challenge. And they’re relatively a constant in a social economic sense.
Agreed...however, in this latest inflationary episode, various commentators have noted corporate margins increasing out of step with cost pressure fluctuations both globally and locally. It seems there is growing evidence that businesses that could absorb cost fluctuations, in-house, are instead passing them immediately on to consumers and factoring in a disproportionate profit margin on top under the disguise of an inflation caused price hike. The main culprits being our old friends in banking and finance, oil and energy sectors.

During the last OCR announcement, Bernard Hickey of Interest.com directly asked Orr about the Reserve Bank's view and response to corporate margin pressure on cost of living inflation. Orr's reply was that he was aware of it and had factored it in to the announcement and that the Bank had 'raised an eye-brow' at some local practices, and, although unable to do anything directly to influence the market situation, was implying his hope that the sectors responsible would take the base point increase, the tone and language of the announcement and future projections in to account to dial back continued 'gouging' (my word, not his). He did infer that 'margin profiteering' (again, my words, not his) was not the primary inflation driver, but was part of a suite, and that A/NZ market inflation was now roughly 50% globally driven and 50% internally driven.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

clubhouse wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:41 am
GrantB wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:16 pm
Agreed...however, in this latest inflationary episode, various commentators have noted corporate margins increasing out of step with cost pressure fluctuations both globally and locally. It seems there is growing evidence that businesses that could absorb cost fluctuations, in-house, are instead passing them immediately on to consumers and factoring in a disproportionate profit margin on top under the disguise of an inflation caused price hike. The main culprits being our old friends in banking and finance, oil and energy sectors.

During the last OCR announcement, Bernard Hickey of Interest.com directly asked Orr about the Reserve Bank's view and response to corporate margin pressure on cost of living inflation. Orr's reply was that he was aware of it and had factored it in to the announcement and that the Bank had 'raised an eye-brow' at some local practices, and, although unable to do anything directly to influence the market situation, was implying his hope that the sectors responsible would take the base point increase, the tone and language of the announcement and future projections in to account to dial back continued 'gouging' (my word, not his). He did infer that 'margin profiteering' (again, my words, not his) was not the primary inflation driver, but was part of a suite, and that A/NZ market inflation was now roughly 50% globally driven and 50% internally driven.
Right on the money :-)

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Plenty of businesses need to raise prices just to remain liquid. I understand those are not what we’re talking about.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

GrantB wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:25 am Plenty of businesses need to raise prices just to remain liquid. I understand those are not what we’re talking about.
Yeah, right on, man. And this is where it relates, in more ways than the obvious, to Black Friday. Orr, in reporting to Parliament the next morning, when asked by Swarbrick if he was, "deliberately causing a recession," replied, "yes."

The point of intersection for the NZRB with the crude mandate it has to serve and the crude levers it can pull is to imply that some businesses may fail/will have to fail in order to drive inflation down. Whilst business/corporate margins (above those minor/temporary fluctuation costs to business that they can't avoid, defer, restructure, (evade) or can't/won't absorb, above reinvestment) need to be maintained proportional to typical returns on investment, some are using inflation to amass gross profits...it remains to be seen if, like the banks argue, these are necessary to ward off market dangers (recession, negative house equity/mortgagee sell-offs, etc)...a war chest if you will...or just blatant market price gouging due to monopolistic opportunity (energy sector corps).

Some businesses (the ones not in dispute here) that are battling with monthly's and are exposed to supply threats are definitely in for dark times ahead as demand is forced to dry up...their cashflow which may be the thing keeping them liquid dries up and the costs to being in business out-weigh the returns. The flow on effects for employment and the affordability of the cost of living to the affected are the things of recession. The grist to the mill of the machine of 'economic orthodoxy' (Swarbrick). If the recession lands harder than expected for them, we will learn of heart-break and despair, of people caught up in circumstances way beyond their control and be processing the societal impact for many moons to come...

I remember inflation and the crude, unsentimental measures used to 'control' it...it tramples people, their hopes and dreams, compromises their values and challenges their morals...it makes good people bitter and jaded. There will be further widening of the gap between the haves and have nots, cash-flow will be king (hang on to your job, pay down debt) and people will wonder why...

A Black Friday deal, for sure...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Re: Black Friday Deals

Post by jeremyb »

Dredge from last year, might as well re-use for 2023 deals... I just opened up the rockshop mailer, clicked on the link, found the Katana 50 dropped by $200, and now its still more than I think I paid for mine new a few years back... sweet jesus...