Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: Publishing your music

Post by Jay »

crowbgood1 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:38 am Ok...I'm in the right place now. Ty Jay for the directions.

Dotto seem a good contender, but I'm leaning towards these guys https://drm.co.nz/. Mainly as they are based NZ.
To me it appears that all the above mentioned companies are the equivalent of the saloons in a gold diggers city... the musicians being the gold diggers and the saloons making the real money. Naturally the odd gold digger musician hits a vein of gold...
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

At least you might get bad whiskey and a blow job at a saloon…

crowbgood1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 240 times

Post by crowbgood1 »

Jay wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:12 am
crowbgood1 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:38 am Ok...I'm in the right place now. Ty Jay for the directions.

Dotto seem a good contender, but I'm leaning towards these guys https://drm.co.nz/. Mainly as they are based NZ.
To me it appears that all the above mentioned companies are the equivalent of the saloons in a gold diggers city... the musicians being the gold diggers and the saloons making the real money. Naturally the odd gold digger musician hits a vein of gold...
I'm not sure I'm overly worried about finding gold, but more about being able to share.
Is there a way to get on the main streaming platforms without subscribing to a distributor?
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

crowbgood1 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:25 pm
Jay wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:12 am

I'm not sure I'm overly worried about finding gold, but more about being able to share.
Is there a way to get on the main streaming platforms without subscribing to a distributor?
Don't think so. Youtube and soundcloud are sharing platforms I suppose but even they charge if you want to get on the big ones
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

crowbgood1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 240 times

Post by crowbgood1 »

After a little pondering, I actually think sharing platforms are okay.
For a small fee you can conveniently share your music with friends and maybe others, which I think works out less cost that older methods like making a pile of C'D's or even cassette tapes.

Of course, if you happen to be a rock-star, vinyl was much better for collecting royalty's...sheesh, had to keep fuel in the Learjet somehow!
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.