Jackson JS32 and Kelly the best value guitars in NZ retail?

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Jackson JS32 and Kelly the best value guitars in NZ retail?

Post by Gitar »

StratMatt wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:21 pm
That looks fricken awesome.
Yeah the white quilt is something special, it looks way better in real life. But what makes them stand out is the upgraded SD pickups and FR1000 trem and the maple neck is extended to be a neck through design.

They do a few colours but here is the green and the purple.

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Gitar »

A couple more I like.

I really love HSS GATs. Super distortion in the bridge and a classic thick single coil tone in the neck. Best of all worlds, you got everything from the heaviest of metals to Hendrix if you desire, which I do do.

SL3Q - Blonde

SL3M - Rainbow Crackle (SD Dist TB6, Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP in Mid, Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 single coil - Neck. Im picking these have been voiced specifically (possibly to make the 4 position to be of actual use for once). Same deal with trem and neck etc.

This one is interesting, a Made in Japan Jackson, which uses the Gotoh GE1996T which is a Japanese copy of the OG Floyd. I guess its a statement piece, it says they can use who they want.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... snow-white

Now this is more to my taste, a HS gat. I see no point in HSS, even with custom voiced mid. A SD Dist TB6 in the bridge and a heavy SD SSL6 Alnico5 in the neck, gorgeous Walnut top finish.

There are a few more interesting models including signatures and 7 strings, then you are into Jackson USA which start around $5knzd.

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

This is my floydless HS option:

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Gitar »

StratMatt wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:21 pm I remember the neck feeling a bit too flat and wide for my preference.
Thats interesting, I find Jackson necks to be one of the most comfortable and playable on the market, similar to Charvel from the Player Series factory. The contour 12-16" really helps, but what I like about the Charvel's is the rounded fretboard edges, if you do a lot of thumb over chords it helps a lot. In saying that they are 42.86mm wide nut, pretty much like most shred guitars, offers a lot of finger space, but makes any chance for thumb over at 16" radius near impossible as guiats get wider up the neck. When Hendrix was doing it, he was playing Fender with 41mm nut width and a very round 7.5" radius and the necks didnt get much wider up the neck. But a lot of shred guitars are 16" radius immediately and for good reason, they make speed substantially easier with quality stainless plek Jumb frets etc. I use my Ibanez purely for their intention, HEAVY and Shred, my favourite being the S series with the much lighter body and well sculpted to form the body, but my RG gets just about as much love.
Last edited by Gitar on Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Gitar »

Candeevr4 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:51 am This is my floydless HS option:

Wicked, did you put it together yourself? What is the pickup in the neck?

Very unique.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 406 times

Post by dayl »

Was in RS on weekend. Jackson looked like the best bang for buck in the shop. That natty V... . Almost got my money.

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Gitar wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:58 am Wicked, did you put it together yourself? What is the pickup in the neck?

Very unique.
Its a partscaster I got from JB. Paulownia TM body built by Ash, with a WD tele neck. Pickups are the Mr Glyn's Tui in the neck(custom cased) and a Cloud nine in the bridge.

Also have an obsidian wire universal tele wiring unit in it.

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Gitar »

Candeevr4 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:18 pm Its a partscaster I got from JB
Yeah I picked it for such, but some people get all up tight about calling somehing what it is. Its what the sum (or sound in this case) of all parts put together, sound like, that matter.

Would love to listen to a youtube video of it if you ever get a chance, a quick demo of each pickup and position clean, the neck just breaking up the amp and any form of metal from the bridge.

It looks a beaut !

I seen a lot of these poplar jaguars and such from squier and seen a lot of bodies on the used martket. I figure they would make an interesting had turner hard tail. Would just need to find myself a modern C flamed maple neck.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 406 times

Post by dayl »

looks like an Adh/Radian build or parts of.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

dayl wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:27 pm

looks like an Adh/Radian build or parts of.
I was thinking the same thing, or JB's J-ZZMASTER (fill in the blank)

Mosfet
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Mosfet »

Gitar wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:00 am
StratMatt wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:21 pm
That looks fricken awesome.
Yeah the white quilt is something special, it looks way better in real life. But what makes them stand out is the upgraded SD pickups and FR1000 trem and the maple neck is extended to be a neck through design.

They do a few colours but here is the green and the purple.

Nice! I’ve got a real soft spot for soloists / neck through. They just play so nice up the neck. So much freedom

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

:mental:

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Gitar »

Mosfet wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:42 pm Nice! I’ve got a real soft spot for soloists / neck through. They just play so nice up the neck. So much freedom
Im soooo tempted for all those reasons.

I find the Ibanez S and RG Wizard II and III necks just too flat from the get go, they are so good for what they are intended. But the 43-57mm wide and 15.75" all the way, it feels soooo good for metal/shred, I think its that flat radius all the way through. I let go of an upgraded S570 in near new condition for $700, makes me sad as I liked playing it, I just wish it was a 12" radius all the way.

I think if I could find a 12" 42mm wide necks 20-22mm (1st-12th), that would be the perfect guitar for me. I "think" Schecter necks are pretty close to that, as is LTD.

$1800 for a new guitar is a steep investment when you "know" its going to be worth $1200 as soon as you take it home. But boy there are some soloists that are so near perfect for me. My only concern is how soon does the 16" of the 12-16" radius come in to play. But they not the only compound necks out there.

Damn hard finding the perfect gat.

Mosfet
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Mosfet »

Gitar wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:38 pm I think its that flat radius all the way through
The old misha mansoors 20” all the way up. Always been keen to try that one

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 806 times

Post by hamo »

Gitar wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:38 pm
Mosfet wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:42 pm Nice! I’ve got a real soft spot for soloists / neck through. They just play so nice up the neck. So much freedom
Im soooo tempted for all those reasons.

I find the Ibanez S and RG Wizard II and III necks just too flat from the get go, they are so good for what they are intended. But the 43-57mm wide and 15.75" all the way, it feels soooo good for metal/shred, I think its that flat radius all the way through. I let go of an upgraded S570 in near new condition for $700, makes me sad as I liked playing it, I just wish it was a 12" radius all the way.

I think if I could find a 12" 42mm wide necks 20-22mm (1st-12th), that would be the perfect guitar for me. I "think" Schecter necks are pretty close to that, as is LTD.

$1800 for a new guitar is a steep investment when you "know" its going to be worth $1200 as soon as you take it home. But boy there are some soloists that are so near perfect for me. My only concern is how soon does the 16" of the 12-16" radius come in to play. But they not the only compound necks out there.

Damn hard finding the perfect gat.
Resale isn't a factor if she's a keeper! :mrgreen:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster