Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by jeremyb »

PC build these days are so much easier, back in the 90s we had to risk bending pins on CPUs when inserting them, the endless jumpers you had to set for clock speeds and the like… and parts were so expensive… it’s so much better now.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:44 am PC build these days are so much easier, back in the 90s we had to risk bending pins on CPUs when inserting them, the endless jumpers you had to set for clock speeds and the like… and parts were so expensive… it’s so much better now.
That's 100% still a concern with AMD chips btw. The pins stick out, unlike on Intels where they're nice and smooth.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:44 am PC build these days are so much easier, back in the 90s we had to risk bending pins on CPUs when inserting them, the endless jumpers you had to set for clock speeds and the like… and parts were so expensive… it’s so much better now.
piece of piss nowadays....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

NippleWrestler wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:07 pm
That's 100% still a concern with AMD chips btw. The pins stick out, unlike on Intels where they're nice and smooth.
Yeah but they can only go in one way and theres a nice device to seat them properly, whereas we literally had to press them in to the tiny holes on the socket :rofl:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

PupBoxes.jpg
PupBoxes.jpg (549.33 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
HUGE shoutout to amazing local manufacturers and suppliers. I decided last week that since my family are off to Europe tomorrow I'd finally get my birthday present sorted out and upgrade one of the guitars while I have the house to myself.

Mr. Glyn's sorted me out with new pickups which I ordered only a couple of days before he closed orders for the month and they arrived yesterday.

Tonelounge have provided me with a Obsidian Wiring Les Paul vintage wiring set, ordered yesterday and delivered by lunchtime today here in the sticks (usually takes an extra day from CHCH, so I'm super impressed.

So now I'll get to spend some quality time stripping the guitar down a bit, giving it a damn good clean and polish and fitting all the new toys.

**Edit

Just noticed when looking at the photo that that might not be the smartest place to leave a hard drive!!! Oh well any damage is likely done now anyway, and thank god it's ancient and all the stuff on it should be backed up elsewhere...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Obsidian wire / Mr Glyns combo in my Strat, so fucking good!!

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

sty wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:59 pm PupBoxes.jpg

HUGE shoutout to amazing local manufacturers and suppliers. I decided last week that since my family are off to Europe tomorrow I'd finally get my birthday present sorted out and upgrade one of the guitars while I have the house to myself.

Mr. Glyn's sorted me out with new pickups which I ordered only a couple of days before he closed orders for the month and they arrived yesterday.

Tonelounge have provided me with a Obsidian Wiring Les Paul vintage wiring set, ordered yesterday and delivered by lunchtime today here in the sticks (usually takes an extra day from CHCH, so I'm super impressed.

So now I'll get to spend some quality time stripping the guitar down a bit, giving it a damn good clean and polish and fitting all the new toys.

**Edit

Just noticed when looking at the photo that that might not be the smartest place to leave a hard drive!!! Oh well any damage is likely done now anyway, and thank god it's ancient and all the stuff on it should be backed up elsewhere...
Nice! What pickups did you go for and what are they going into?
Loving it so far

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

sty wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:59 pm So now I'll get to spend some quality time stripping down a bit, giving it a damn good clean and polish and fitting all the new toys.
Oooerrr vicar!

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

StratMatt wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:41 pm
Got a set of Integrity Humbuckers

haha, some folks are gonna hate this next part...

I'm replacing the EMG81/85 I put in my Epi Zakk Wylde Bullseye (original Korean, pretty heavy, originally had EMG HZs), hence I got the Integritys with Black covers, and eventually I'm hoping to replace the silver screw caps with black ones so that from a distance the integritys should visually fit in (even if they'll be a little more glossy).

I'm sort of done with the whole EMG sound now, and while I fancy a more traditional LP (and sound), I can't justify buying a new one really and I actually like this guitar to play and it kind of has sentimental value. So I'm hoping it's a good base guitar for some experimentation. I'll likely keep the old EMGs unless it becomes worth getting rid of them.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

sty wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:15 pm
StratMatt wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:41 pm
Got a set of Integrity Humbuckers

haha, some folks are gonna hate this next part...

I'm replacing the EMG81/85 I put in my Epi Zakk Wylde Bullseye (original Korean, pretty heavy, originally had EMG HZs), hence I got the Integritys with Black covers, and eventually I'm hoping to replace the silver screw caps with black ones so that from a distance the integritys should visually fit in (even if they'll be a little more glossy).

I'm sort of done with the whole EMG sound now, and while I fancy a more traditional LP (and sound), I can't justify buying a new one really and I actually like this guitar to play and it kind of has sentimental value. So I'm hoping it's a good base guitar for some experimentation. I'll likely keep the old EMGs unless it becomes worth getting rid of them.
Will really open up your tone options, great choice!!!

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

More strings
SS Roundwounds

Realised last week had no spare sets
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

vyfster
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by vyfster »

After watching the Andy Timmons visits TPS youtube video I decided I needed the JHS AT+ pedal (https://www.jhspedals.info/at-plus). Have one on the way and will hopefully have it before next w/e.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1294 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Surfybear blossom point

Mr Davison
Squier
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Mr Davison »

Completely & utterly not guitar related but this may hold some form of nostalgia for the British folk on here?
Pick up my Judge Dredd pin next week!
I am now on a self imposed trademe ban.
Screenshot_2022-08-04-20-38-52-19_e2dcd05661dfebeb123569377c1f4abc.jpg
Screenshot_2022-08-04-20-38-52-19_e2dcd05661dfebeb123569377c1f4abc.jpg (976.45 KiB) Viewed 1101 times
Sonic mayhem unleashed

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

oh happy memories.... make your will to me.

and I'll come calling.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.