meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by hamo »

StratMatt wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:11 pm
hamo wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:43 am
Spykerwolf wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:36 am Ibanez JEM

Didn't realize they were so rare. Pretty expensive overseas too, but would love to own one.
They do pop up from time to time, most often it's been the floral blue one that I've seen. Every time it's like a punch in the nuts from GAS... :lol:
I've seen the original FP models come up a few times, haven't seen any BFP that I can recall, in NZ anyway.

I have a 1991 BFP that I probably overpaid for about 10 years ago for $4k off ebay. Bit more disposable income then :) Can't find any at all for sale now of that particular model. I will probably never sell this one, it's a really great player.
Did they do a newer run more recently? I feel like that's what I saw (not super recently, but in the last couple of years), but I could be mistaken.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

hamo wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:38 pm
StratMatt wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:11 pm
hamo wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:43 am

They do pop up from time to time, most often it's been the floral blue one that I've seen. Every time it's like a punch in the nuts from GAS... :lol:
I've seen the original FP models come up a few times, haven't seen any BFP that I can recall, in NZ anyway.

I have a 1991 BFP that I probably overpaid for about 10 years ago for $4k off ebay. Bit more disposable income then :) Can't find any at all for sale now of that particular model. I will probably never sell this one, it's a really great player.
Did they do a newer run more recently? I feel like that's what I saw (not super recently, but in the last couple of years), but I could be mistaken.
Yes, they did a Premium reissue version of the BFP not too long ago.
Loving it so far

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

New name in the boutique solid-body game. Look nice, even if the grain isn't classical.

https://www.guitarworld.com/reviews/atk ... our-review
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by JoeBlow »

Conway wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:09 pm
JoeBlow wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:51 am I'd like Music Planet to actually stock Rickenbackers (4003w), since they're the authorized NZ dealer. Hard to buy local when there's no selection.
Guitars Rock has brought in a couple (pre my ownership), but they're really difficult to get hold of. No Rics at all around any of my sources in recent times.
OK. Rickenbacker seem to be content with making a certain amount of instruments annually, and being content with that workload. I guess it means a steady stream of work at a consistent level for there employees.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

robthemac wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:54 pm New name in the boutique solid-body game. Look nice, even if the grain isn't classical.

At £3000 for a Fender knockoff using offcuts from their acoustic business, they're taking the piss, irrespective of how well built they are. And that headstock isn't a charmer.

Ymmv.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

WellyBlues wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:45 pm
robthemac wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:54 pm New name in the boutique solid-body game. Look nice, even if the grain isn't classical.

At £3000 for a Fender knockoff using offcuts from their acoustic business, they're taking the piss, irrespective of how well built they are. And that headstock isn't a charmer.

Ymmv.
I'm one of those people that couldn't give two shits what chunk of wood is used for a Fender-style electric. And if they're building something light, well-made and tactfully aged, that's more than most can say.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

robthemac wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:54 pm
WellyBlues wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:45 pm

Ymmv.
I'm one of those people that couldn't give two shits what chunk of wood is used for a Fender-style electric. And if they're building something light, well-made and tactfully aged, that's more than most can say.
I agree, and whatever floats your boat, but 3000 of those English pounds is a bit steep, imho.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Speakos
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Speakos »

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

That video thumbnail clearly says 'KAREN'
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by JoeBlow »

G&L CLF L-2000
Screenshot_20220702-183511_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220702-183511_Chrome.jpg (285.3 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
Very versatile bass.

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Post by jhyang549 »

There's a Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 5 HH relisted on TradeMe with a starting price of 2k. It ran for a week without any buyers so the seller has relisted it, so it's likely the starting bid would win.

It's tempting but I can't justify 2k on a 5 string bass guitar right now. But damn that could be a great deal

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Novo.JPG
Novo.JPG (58.73 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
Thanks Conway. :roll:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Those Novos are beautiful. Such a great shape, and they seem to have perfected the look of timber that has just washed up on the beach, whilst at the same time leaving you in no doubt that this guitar has wonderful tone.

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

Ashdown ABM 400 25th Anniversary Ltd Edition

I won’t be buying one but I think I’d like one
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish