codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex Helix / AxeFx Killah

Post by codedog »

TmcB wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:52 am I’m just not here yet for the QC.

I can’t see/hear any real improvements over Kemper or Helix.

The best it has going for it is 2 more cores than the Helix but with the same UI, the profiling from Kemper and the price of a Helix and a Kemper combined.

I’m probably just jaded after so much Darkglass overpriced hype.
There's the running of mutiple inputs through separate signal chains, IIRC. In reality, is that a use case many people look for?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

The best it has going for it is 2 more cores than the Helix but with the same UI, the profiling from Kemper and the price of a Helix and a Kemper combined.

I heard a comparison of the profiling between a kemper and the neural and the latter was better to my ears, but yeah...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

codedog wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:59 am

There's the running of mutiple inputs through separate signal chains, IIRC. In reality, is that a use case many people look for?
You've been able to do that with the axefx, some bands will use one unit to run a guitarist and bass player live, works mint!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

ill admit i was interested based on the quality of the plugins but hooo shes spendy

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

hey yeah but valves... not spendy, lol.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Bg wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:37 pm hey yeah but valves... not spendy, lol.
It gets spendy when you have to change the valves in all 100+ amps that the quad cortex simulates.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

I haven’t ever tried out one single amp on the Headrush ?!
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

MiniForklift wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:34 pm I haven’t ever tried out one single amp on the Headrush ?!
No wonder you're thinking they're expensive effects units :mental:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

MiniForklift wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:34 pm I haven’t ever tried out one single amp on the Headrush ?!

Crikey, give it a whirl! Those and some good IR's would probably impress :thumbup:
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

chur wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:18 pm

Crikey, give it a whirl! Those and some good IR's would probably impress :thumbup:
I’m just there for the effects TBH. Amp modeling and all that IR stuff (which I don’t understand anyway) doesn’t overly interest me, I think I’d just get bored
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Anyone tried their plugins? Have interest in the Archetype Tim Henson one especially...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Post by jhyang549 »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:04 pm Anyone tried their plugins? Have interest in the Archetype Tim Henson one especially...
They sound great but they are quite CPU hungry (especially if you set the high quality setting).

You can demo all of them but ownership requires an iLok activation (no physical dongle needed, just extra steps in registering online).

Archetype: Plini is my guitar plugin. It features 3 amp models. Clean (based on Roland JC120), Drive (Friedman BE100) and Crunch (EVH 5150III). There is a compressor pedal and an overdrive pedal before the amp, as well as stereo delay pedal and shimmer reverb pedal after the amp. Any of these pedals can be engaged or bypassed.

Parallax is my bass guitar plugin.

what I love about these plugins is that you can get great tones without much tweaking, which is great.

All of their plugins feature a stereo IR loader. Their IRs are great but if you can load in Ownhammer IR if you wish.

They will have a 50% discount on Black Friday/Cyber Monday if you want to wait and save (excluding any products they release so close to Black Friday).

You should also look at Archetype: Petrucci as it's a more versatile plugin than Archetype: Henson.
Last edited by jhyang549 on Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

jhyang549 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:46 pm
jeremyb wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:04 pm Anyone tried their plugins? Have interest in the Archetype Tim Henson one especially...
They sound great but they are quite CPU hungry (especially if you set the high quality setting).

You can demo all of them but ownership requires an iLok activation (no physical dongle needed, just an extra step in registering online).

Archetype: Plini is my guitar plugin. It features 3 amp models. Clean (based on Roland JC120), Drive (Friedman BE100) and Crunch (EVH 5150III). There is a compressor pedal and an overdrive pedal before the amp, as well as stereo delay pedal and shimmer reverb pedal after the amp. Any of these pedals can be engaged or bypassed.

Parallax is my bass guitar plugin.

what I love about these plugins is that you can get great tones without much tweaking, which is great.

All of their plugins feature a stereo IR loader. Their IRs are great but if you can load in Ownhammer IR if you wish.

They will have a 50% discount on Black Friday/Cyber Monday if you want to wait and save (excluding any products they release so close to Black Friday).

You should also look at Archetype: Petrucci as it's a more versatile plugin than Archetype: Hensen.
I'm pretty sure the GUITARNERDS one will still work for 30% off, but shall give a few a trial, will definitely check the Petrucci one out, I assumed it would be mostly high gain stuff but looks quite good!

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Re: Neural DSP Quad Cortex / Archetype Plugins Thread

Post by jhyang549 »

Would you consider this the millennial version of G3?
Last edited by jhyang549 on Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.