Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 252 times

Re: David Gilmour

Post by Miza »

https://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=21

Gilmour's definitly one of the most emotive guitarists. His solos are always an intricate part of the song, rather than just tacked on.
Nothing to see here.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

ha. Im such an outlier at times. :oops:
I prefer Floyd without Waters....I don't hate his lyrics but he's a whiney sod - and not a great bass player.
Gilmores first solo album I liked a lot - used to play No Way Outta Here when it first came out.

The David Gilmore solo DVDs are some of the best music Ive ever heard.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

I like when he hits the ball a really long way to beat Shooter McGavin.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

I like that Dave doesn't like being called Dave.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

I like the rawness of his sound in Animals. I may be in the minority that thinks thats their best album.
Massive songs.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

Although I love Gilmour's tones what really appeals to me is his touch and feel. It's not hard to play his notes, but to emulate his fingers....

As for the music; pompous, overblown, self indulgent.
Everything Stadium Rock should be.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 297 times

Post by murky »

Pulse was peak toan for Gilmour.

Which ironically, was mostly EMG SA's.

Then I saw the Pink Floyd Experience - who sounded great - he was playing EMG SA's.....through a 5150 half stack.....

Talk about creating an identity crisis......

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

murky wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:31 pm Pulse was peak toan for Gilmour.

Which ironically, was mostly EMG SA's.

Then I saw the Pink Floyd Experience - who sounded great - he was playing EMG SA's.....through a 5150 half stack.....

Talk about creating an identity crisis......
Use the Fingers, Luke.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Pulse is incredible but the new release of delicate sound of thunder live sounds incredible, originally they re did some parts in the studio though, unlike pulse where they just took some parts from different concerts where they weren’t happy with mistakes etc…
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

GrantB wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:55 pm
Bg wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:47 pm Fletcher solo is one of the best, and a cracking song to boot. Final Cut is a seriously underestimated album.
How fat is that sound?! I wonder what the setup was?
Thanks for the reminder! listening to Final Cut as i work. I really enjoy that album, hadn't thought about it for years.

Used that explosion from "get your filthy hands of my desert" to give a few scares back in the day.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Delayman wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:44 am
Bg wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:47 pm Fletcher solo is one of the best, and a cracking song to boot. Final Cut is a seriously underestimated album.
Thanks for the reminder! listening to Final Cut as i work. I really enjoy that album, hadn't thought about it for years.

Used that explosion from "get your filthy hands of my desert" to give a few scares back in the day.
Back in our youth, my brother in law was a Territorial. He was comatose with exhaustion, still in his uniform having just got home from a 3 week military training exercise.
I set the speakers up on either side of the bed, turned volume up on the intro to 'Get your Filthy Hands Off My Desert'.
As the airstrike played, he went from face down asleep on the bed to upright in a single movement and fixed me with a look so inhuman and lethal that a bit of wee escaped. :rofl:

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

Slowy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:59 am
Delayman wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:44 am

Back in our youth, my brother in law was a Territorial. He was comatose with exhaustion, still in his uniform having just got home from a 3 week military training exercise.
I set the speakers up on either side of the bed, turned volume up on the intro to 'Get your Filthy Hands Off My Desert'.
As the airstrike played, he went from face down asleep on the bed to upright in a single movement and fixed me with a look so inhuman and lethal that a bit of wee escaped. :rofl:
Haha I did something similar to my brother. He was thoroughly confused as even as he leapt out of bed he was thinking "i recognise that explosion".
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

‘73 rams head big muff and the electric mistress!

https://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=51
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 855 times
Been liked: 274 times

Post by calling card »

Though Hiwatt DR103 and Wem cab 4x12" Fane Crescendo.
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 297 times

Post by murky »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:18 am Pulse is incredible but the new release of delicate sound of thunder live sounds incredible, originally they re did some parts in the studio though, unlike pulse where they just took some parts from different concerts where they weren’t happy with mistakes etc…
Wasn’t aware they re-released it - will have to give it a listen.