The Kemper Thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Re: The Kemper Thread

Post by hamo »

I bought one of these to use with the Katana. Went in during the GST off sale at RS, and it had a lower sticker price than the website suggested, so I got it for around $50 I think.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

The Kemper iPad app is now available for download from the apple store.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

AiRdAd wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:09 am The Kemper iPad app is now available for download from the apple store.
For a moment there I thought my darkest Kemper-owner-fears had come true. That you could suddenly buy a Kemper app and run profiles without having to buy the unit. But then I remembered I'd recently sold my Kemper and so got momentarily excited. Then I realised it's just Rig Manager and was deflated.

It's been a rollercoaster of a morning...

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Molly wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:52 am
AiRdAd wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:09 am The Kemper iPad app is now available for download from the apple store.
For a moment there I thought my darkest Kemper-owner-fears had come true. That you could suddenly buy a Kemper app and run profiles without having to buy the unit. But then I remembered I'd recently sold my Kemper and so got momentarily excited. Then I realised it's just Rig Manager and was deflated.

You've sold your Kemper already? :o

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

codedog wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:06 pm
Molly wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:52 am

You've sold your Kemper already? :o
Yeah.... Effectively swapped it for a Strat. :-)

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by Kiwiaxe »

Not that I can see?

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Kiwiaxe wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:30 pm
Not that I can see?
I just downloaded it. have you got an older ipad, that's not compatible? no idea how it works though, or how I even connect it to my kemper...
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kiwiaxe »

Ah, not under "Kemper" but rather rig manager profiler editor. Downloading to check out. Typical - a week after I decide to buy an AXEFX3 to see how they compare lol

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kiwiaxe »

Hmmm interesting. Can't see any way to get past "scanning for devices" and given that I would find it very unlikely that my 8 year old Kemper would have built in wifi, there must be more to it than meets the eye. Maybe set for the Stage?

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Kiwiaxe wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:35 pm Hmmm interesting. Can't see any way to get past "scanning for devices" and given that I would find it very unlikely that my 8 year old Kemper would have built in wifi, there must be more to it than meets the eye. Maybe set for the Stage?
I think the Stage is wi-fi enabled but not necessarily the others.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Kiwiaxe wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:33 pm Ah, not under "Kemper" but rather rig manager profiler editor. Downloading to check out. Typical - a week after I decide to buy an AXEFX3 to see how they compare lol
Have you had much of a chance to play with the AxeFx3?

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kiwiaxe »

codedog wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:35 pm
Kiwiaxe wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:33 pm Ah, not under "Kemper" but rather rig manager profiler editor. Downloading to check out. Typical - a week after I decide to buy an AXEFX3 to see how they compare lol
Yeah I've been using it a bit to get used to it. It's come a long way since I had an AxeFX2 in 2013, when I bought both a Kemper and AxeFX2 at the same time on the basis I'd keep the one I preferred and sell the other. Back then there was a clear difference in tone and feel between the Kemper and the AxeFx. Nowadays, I don't think there is - either way. Both are spectacular. The Kemper has come a million miles since 2013 (with the same hardware - I don't know how they do it). But the AxeFX3 has too, both in terms of hardware and software.

I do prefer the way you can work with the Axe presets. Tho I wish you could save a bunch of standard blocks (reverb, delay, compression, etc) and then load them from a list. I think you can do that by creating presets with such blocks, and then copy and paste, but that seems inefficient. If there is a way to do it as a list, then I'd love to know!

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Kiwiaxe wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:58 pm
codedog wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:35 pm
Yeah I've been using it a bit to get used to it. It's come a long way since I had an AxeFX2 in 2013, when I bought both a Kemper and AxeFX2 at the same time on the basis I'd keep the one I preferred and sell the other. Back then there was a clear difference in tone and feel between the Kemper and the AxeFx. Nowadays, I don't think there is - either way. Both are spectacular. The Kemper has come a million miles since 2013 (with the same hardware - I don't know how they do it). But the AxeFX3 has too, both in terms of hardware and software.

I do prefer the way you can work with the Axe presets. Tho I wish you could save a bunch of standard blocks (reverb, delay, compression, etc) and then load them from a list. I think you can do that by creating presets with such blocks, and then copy and paste, but that seems inefficient. If there is a way to do it as a list, then I'd love to know!
When I had the AX8 I used AustinBuddy presets. They were superb. I imagine his AxeFX3 ones are similarly high quality. IIRC it came with a bunch of presets for the various blocks too, along with a bunch of IRs.

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kiwiaxe »

I did buy one of the Austin Buddy preset packs - so far only a third of them have been converted to the latest firmware (Cygnus) so hopefully the rest of the pack will follow soon.

That is one thing I’ll give the kemper. I think only once have they had the firmware have an impact on existing presets.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Kiwiaxe wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:23 pm I did buy one of the Austin Buddy preset packs - so far only a third of them have been converted to the latest firmware (Cygnus) so hopefully the rest of the pack will follow soon.

That is one thing I’ll give the kemper. I think only once have they had the firmware have an impact on existing presets.
Yeah but is that a good thing.... or did the presets change to latest version by wizard sleeve magiks?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.