Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 815 times
Been liked: 1304 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

GrantB wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 pm I just got that Alter Ego X4 on TM recently...damn that’s a fine sounding delay. Bit bitchy to use but the tones make up for it.

In the mail - Trinity TC15 kit. Vox and Matchless goodness with a more chewey original AC tone (Modern ACs and clones can sound thin, brittle and fizzy at times).
Intersting! Nice looking kit.
Making your own cab?

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1358 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Post by GrantB »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:51 pm
GrantB wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 pm I just got that Alter Ego X4 on TM recently...damn that’s a fine sounding delay. Bit bitchy to use but the tones make up for it.

In the mail - Trinity TC15 kit. Vox and Matchless goodness with a more chewey original AC tone (Modern ACs and clones can sound thin, brittle and fizzy at times).
Making your own cab?
Prob make it a head. At least initially.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2480 times

Post by Slowy »

GrantB wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:08 pm

Making your own cab?
Prob make it a head. At least initially.
You can build amps as well?!!!! :shock:
I bought an Alter Ego from Phil. There's a Flashback on my board but the Alter Ego was more weirdness than I knew what to do with. Excellent sounds!
But soooo weird.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

Upgrade pickups for the Starcaster, looked at the Creamery, Lollars etc but they were way too expensive, so went for Mojotone, hopefully these will do the job.

ImageWRH by Laurie Franks, on Flickr

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1207 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

GrantB wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 pm
There was on for sale on the forum recently if I recall correctly.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4168 times

Post by jeremyb »

They really nailed the binson echorec model on the alter ego, still miss my one...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1105 times
Been liked: 1421 times

Post by robthemac »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:34 am

They really nailed the binson echorec model on the alter ego, still miss my one...
If only someone was selling an Alter Ego v1 with a lovely echorec setting...
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4168 times

Post by jeremyb »

robthemac wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:18 am

I have zero room on my board :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1105 times
Been liked: 1421 times

Post by robthemac »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:23 am
robthemac wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:18 am

I have zero room on my board :lol:
If only the v1 was super compact....
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1358 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Post by GrantB »

I’ve not used echo so much...very musical, inspiring delay.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1313 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

GrantB wrote: In the mail - Trinity TC15 kit. Vox and Matchless goodness with a more chewey original AC tone (Modern ACs and clones can sound thin, brittle and fizzy at times).

I purchased/built the TC15 chassis in August 2019. Not cheap especially with freight. What did the kit cost you in $NZ (if not a rude Q)?
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2262 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Making your own cab?
He gave me most of his tolex etc... so what are you going to use Grant?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 520 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by mule »

Finally found a reasonably priced stereo amp to replace my busted old Sansui. Bought and paid on Fri, TM seller didn't make contact until I followed up on Tue: "it'll be sent today". Got a tracking number the next day but here I am 2 days after that with the number still not scanned. Hard to tell if it's Aramex or the seller being useless, maybe both.

I just wanna listen to my goddamn records!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

mule wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:42 pm Finally found a reasonably priced stereo amp to replace my busted old Sansui. Bought and paid on Fri, TM seller didn't make contact until I followed up on Tue: "it'll be sent today". Got a tracking number the next day but here I am 2 days after that with the number still not scanned. Hard to tell if it's Aramex or the seller being useless, maybe both.

He could've booked it and done fuck all about getting it collected. Some sellers are useless.

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 520 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by mule »

Molly wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:16 pm
mule wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:42 pm Finally found a reasonably priced stereo amp to replace my busted old Sansui. Bought and paid on Fri, TM seller didn't make contact until I followed up on Tue: "it'll be sent today". Got a tracking number the next day but here I am 2 days after that with the number still not scanned. Hard to tell if it's Aramex or the seller being useless, maybe both.

He could've booked it and done fuck all about getting it collected. Some sellers are useless.
Yep sure enough after emailing him today, with no reply, it got scanned this afternoon.