Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1293 times

Re: NGD: Bittersweet reunion

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

I've been ri-curious since a young age.
It wasn't till Grant introduced me to the tactile pleasures of a medium tall frets that I became fully ric-sexual.
Anyone else have an e-ric-tion?

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Jonny »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:30 pm I've been ri-curious since a young age.
It wasn't till Grant introduced me to the tactile pleasures of a medium tall frets that I became fully ric-sexual.
S P L O O O S H !
Yes, M'Lady.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Mini Forklift wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:10 pm
bender wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:07 pm
AiRdAd wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:52 pm Hey guys, I've explained the situation to the admins, and they've recommended I make a response to this post. Before I post my response, one of the admins will have a quick run though it, just to make sure my response is appropriate. I'll have it out tomorrow for you all :-)
Cool. I’m glad you’ll have a say.
Thumbs up to both of these responses
I just thumbed up both of these responses and this response.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Bendy, I feel your pain on this one. But I reckon it will come right the moment you have the guitar back in shape and start playing it again. That good feeling never goes away.

For my part, Adrian made the Manorcaster for me. It's just a Tele. But because of all the little touches Adrian put into the build and because it was made FOR ME, I could never let it go.
Trust me, I've considered selling it a few times but the squirming in my gut stopped me. It's a kind of humble heirloom that my kids will never appreciate. :lol:

Now your humble heirloom is back and it has a story attached! :D

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:56 pm I'd just be furious that a guitar without a JM/Jag trem or mastery bridge turned up.
I'd have beaten it to scrap on arrival. Then sent it back.
He Lives!!!!!
Happy New Year Strummers. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:30 pm I've been ri-curious since a young age.
This escalated quickly.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I have an enormous E-Ric-Tion, have had for about 4-5 years. I’m sure these things should fade over time

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1293 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Slowy wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:59 pm
StrummersOfThunder wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:56 pm I'd just be furious that a guitar without a JM/Jag trem or mastery bridge turned up.
I'd have beaten it to scrap on arrival. Then sent it back.
He Lives!!!!!
Happy New Year Strummers. :D
Just came up for a breath!
Hey ya'll
Been a hectic few months. Happy new years to you to Slowy
Haven't had music much in the radar sadly but I believe there are threats of the bull kelp surfers emerging for their first showing of 2021 as soon as the end of this month ! Need to remember which end of the jazzmaster has the wiggly bit on it.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:46 am Need to remember which end of the jazzmaster has the wiggly bit on it.
Both ends, if you're brave enough.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

robthemac wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:35 am
StrummersOfThunder wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:46 am Need to remember which end of the jazzmaster has the wiggly bit on it.
Both ends, if you're brave enough.
I think Bittersweet Reunion would be a perfect original tune title for the Surfers.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Ben, the tone of your post indicates to the other forum members that you paid for the guitar, received it, weren’t happy with it, and then were unable to return it. The tone of the post implies that you had no way to assess the condition before purchase, had been asked to pay a high price for it, and had somehow been wronged and ripped off.

The reality of the situation from my perspective, is quite different to that. Without asking for any money from you, I dropped off the guitar to Auckland for you (to save you the cost of couriering it) - I gave you possession of the guitar for two weeks before you paid for it, so that you could have it in your hands before making a decision whether you wanted to purchase it - I made it clear that you were under no obligation to purchase it - and made it clear I’d pay the cost of the courier to have it returned back to me if you didn’t want to purchase it. If you didn’t want to buy the guitar, I even offered you unconditional use of the guitar for as long as you wanted, so you’d have something to use while you looked for another guitar, if you didn’t find this guitar suitable.

This is the most no risk buying situation for you that is possible. I offered it to you at what I thought was a fair price, you were able to accurately assess the guitar before you decided to purchase it, you were under no obligation to purchase it, and were offered unconditional use of the guitar if you didn’t want to purchase it, so I’m struggling to understand your motivation for the post that you made the day after you deposited the money into my account to pay for it.

Throughout our dealings with the guitar I felt like I was in a no win situation with you. Even after everything I’d done, I felt it wasn’t satisfactory for you, and I couldn’t come up with a solution to resolve the issue. I know you wanted to purchase the guitar for a cheaper price, but I felt the price I offered it to you for was fair. As our communication continued and I felt like you weren’t going to be happy with the guitar, I actually wanted to withdraw from the sale. To be honest, if it had of been anyone else, I would have; but I knew the guitar had sentimental value to you. I know the guitar wasn’t in the condition you were expecting before you received it in person, but unfortunately that’s the reality with the type of wood, and the guitar being owned by multiple owners over a period of 4-ish years since you last owned it. You were however, fully aware of the condition of the guitar before you made the decision to purchase it - having had it in your possession for over two weeks.

Here is more discussion on the points made:

Pickups not in the Guitar
You mentioned to me that money was tight, so I thought that since I was going to Auckland, I’d drop the guitar off for you, to save you the $40 courier cost. I had the guitar in storage at a place that I don’t always have access to. I was unable to get access to it until 9:30pm the night before I went to Auckland. I picked it up from storage, took it home and took the pickups out. When I went to put the other pickups in, I realised that they needed a different switch to work due to the unique wiring of the neck pickup. Unfortunately I didn’t have the required switch so popped the pickguard back on the guitar without installing them. I left for Auckland at 4:00am the next morning, and in the rush neglected to tell you that they wouldn’t be in the guitar. I apologised to you for that. I figured that it was better to get the guitar up to you without the pickups in it, to save you the courier cost, get it up to your quicker, and give you the chance to have it in your hands before you purchased it.

Price
I offered the guitar to you for a price that I though was fair. To be honest Ben, a local person who had played the guitar previously caught wind that I was selling it and offered me more than what I asked you for it, and that was without the pickups and the neck humbucker pickguard (which I could keep and use on another build). You mentioned money was tight and the guitar had sentimental value, so I offered it to you at a cheaper price.

Keep in mind it is a gret sounding and playing handmade instrument. The fact that Molly owned it for 2 years is a testament to how great it is. I think it’s the longest he’s held onto a guitar in recent times, by a long shot :-) On Slowy’s last visit to see me he played the guitar and without even plugging it in, offered (no begged) me to buy it. When I said I wasn’t interested in selling it, he jokingly told me he’d break my legs if I ever sold it to anyone else. We’ve all been talking about how prices have been increasing recently. Prices have increased in the 4-ish years since you originally sold it. I think the price I offered it to you for sits very well in today’s market. I know that you made me a counter offer on the guitar once receiving it, but I thought that was unrealistic, and for the above reasons declined.

Condition
I understand that you had a different expectation of the condition of the guitar when you owned it 4-ish years ago, and from the posts when it was last sold, and from our brief communication prior to me dropping the guitar off to you so that you could inspect it in person. I thought that if I sent the guitar up to you at no cost to you, and if you didn’t want it, you couriered it back to me at my cost, you would be able to get the guitar in your hands and make a decision if you wanted it. I thought this would be the best way for you to judge the guitar. Please also remember that you received the guitar without me asking you to pay anything for it, and had it in you possession for over two weeks before actually paying for it.

As a side note, I’m not sure what damage was made to the since it left your possession, but I have put two marks on the front of it, and probably contributed to other play wear on the body. Unfortunately, the wood used on the body is extremely soft. As an example, the round hole on the front of the guitar was caused from dropping a guitar cable from 1 metre above the guitar when it was lying on the ground. It is very susceptible to damage.

Communication
I offered to call you to discuss the guitar, as the written word can sometimes be misinterpreted, but you declined my offer to do that. I also made it clear in all of our written communication (multiple times) that you were under no obligation to purchase it, and that I was more than happy for you to return the guitar by courier at my cost.

Offer of use of the guitar
When I realised that the condition of the guitar was in after not being in your possession for 4-ish years was upsetting you. I offered you use of the guitar for however long it took you to find another guitar that was suitable for you. I said I was prepared to let you use it on a long term basis – if that’s what it took for you to find a guitar that was suitable for you. Even though it would of probably meant that I would probably miss out on the other sale I had lined up. I also offered to actively help you find that guitar.

Ben, I am truly sorry this hasn’t panned out like you’d wanted. And to be fair, it hasn’t for me either. I am left wondering, and don’t know what more I can do to make things so that you are satisfied. If you would like to discuss anything, I’m happy to call you, or you can flick me a PM.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Hey Danny, that’s not at all how it went. We agreed on a price, I asked for your bank details, you didn’t respond, then the guitar turned up in this condition. As far as I was concerned, the deal was done. It was never suggested that it was a trial period. That is pure post-rationalisation on your part.

Your response when I raised the state of it was to brush it off as no big deal. You claimed it was in otherwise excellent condition. It is not.

You have at no stage offered to even send the missing parts.

The damage to the guitar that you knowingly caused should have been disclosed up front. It wasn’t.

The damage in the photos was how I received it. None of it has been caused by me. The neck pickup isn’t working and I will need to repair or replace it. None of this was disclosed.

At every stage I told you that I wanted to keep the guitar and simply wanted to settle on a fair price based on the actual condition. In the end, I gave up because you wouldn’t engage in good faith and I paid the full amount that we originally agreed on.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

Feel free to call me or pm me if you want to discuss it further, but I’m not going to let a claim that there was some kind of agreed upon trial go unanswered. There absolutely was not.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

Fwiw- I do appreciate you driving it up for me.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

Maybe time to lock this thread
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius