meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Re: NGD: Bittersweet reunion

Post by willow13 »

Jay wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:26 pm
bender wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:16 pm
StratMatt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:29 pm Talk to Glyn about rewinding that pickup maybe? I don't think that costs the earth and its guaranteed to kick ass.
May not require a full rewind. I’ve repaired pickups with broken windings before- quite easy if the break is near an end.

It’s cosmetically fucked though too- not really worth spending money on the pickup if I can’t fix it myself.
Adrian used some locally sourced material for the top of the pickup IIRC. So just whip the top off and glue another piece of the same material on top.
judging from the photo it looks like you could just "burst" the bubbles, sand a little and then glue a veneer right over the top?
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Jonny wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:18 pm All I'll say is this: It's a shame that the guitar came back to you in an unexpected condition, however, you did get it back. You've got more than the bones of a guitar that you really connect with, and maybe this is a chance to bring it back together in a way that you hadn't considered before.

Not meaning to sound corny, but there are some positives to take from it all.
I actually agree with you on this.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

bender wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:16 pm
Jonny wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:18 pm All I'll say is this: It's a shame that the guitar came back to you in an unexpected condition, however, you did get it back. You've got more than the bones of a guitar that you really connect with, and maybe this is a chance to bring it back together in a way that you hadn't considered before.

If you are keen to try and fix the P/up like I suggested I can cut some thin veneer for ya ... have a few wood options like Maple, kwila, "rosewood" etc

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

Just to be clear- I’m not looking for anything at all out of this. I have the guitar, I’ve paid him. The end.

I didn’t ask about the condition or request photos- but when I raised it with him, he told me it was in excellent condition apart from the dents from the Jack plug- you can see clearly that that isn’t the case.

I should also repeat- he did offer to take the guitar back and cover the postage, and he did offer an apology of sorts. It’s definitely not a case of me being totally screwed over.

I am happy to have the guitar back, I can live with the damage, and I will be able to get it back to working condition. I’m just really disappointed that this could happen at all.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

willow13 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:19 pm
bender wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:16 pm

If you are keen to try and fix the P/up like I suggested I can cut some thin veneer for ya ... have a few wood options like Maple, kwila, "rosewood" etc
Cheers man, that’s very kind of you :-)

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Hey guys, I've explained the situation to the admins, and they've recommended I make a response to this post. Before I post my response, one of the admins will have a quick run though it, just to make sure my response is appropriate. I'll have it out tomorrow for you all :-)
Last edited by AiRdAd on Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

I considered a veneer too. Bit like some Knaggs guitars.

The membership here are 99.9% fantastic and, based on my experience, I include both parties in this trade in that. As for the other 0.1%: Fuck 'em. I think once you learn who is a man of his word and who isn't you're as well to just have nothing to do with them.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

bender wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:31 pm
Cheers man, that’s very kind of you :-)
I am heading to a funeral on Tuesday so if we can arrange something I can maybe pick up the p/up from you because drilling the holes is a must before cutting the veneer, other wise it would just split...happy cut multiple different woods so you can have options

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2263 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Molly wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:57 pm

I considered a veneer too. Bit like some Knaggs guitars.

The membership here are 99.9% fantastic and, based on my experience, I include both parties in this trade in that. As for the other 0.1%: Fuck 'em. I think once you learn who is a man of his word and who isn't you're as well to just have nothing to do with them.
I wholeheartedly endorse this. Even the .1% are fantastic, just mess ups happen.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

AiRdAd wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:52 pm Hey guys, I've explained the situation to the admins, and they've recommended I make a response to this post. Before I post my response, one of the admins will have a quick run though it, just to make sure my response is appropriate. I'll have it out tomorrow for you all :-)
Cool. I’m glad you’ll have a say.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

bender wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:07 pm
AiRdAd wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:52 pm Hey guys, I've explained the situation to the admins, and they've recommended I make a response to this post. Before I post my response, one of the admins will have a quick run though it, just to make sure my response is appropriate. I'll have it out tomorrow for you all :-)
Cool. I’m glad you’ll have a say.
Thumbs up to both of these responses

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 815 times
Been liked: 1304 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

I'd just be furious that a guitar without a JM/Jag trem or mastery bridge turned up.
I'd have beaten it to scrap on arrival. Then sent it back.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 815 times
Been liked: 1304 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Rickenbackers don't count. They aren't guitars. They are curios

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1358 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Post by GrantB »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:56 pm Rickenbackers don't count. They aren't guitars. They are curios
And I happen to be ri-curios
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

GrantB wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:08 pm
StrummersOfThunder wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:56 pm Rickenbackers don't count. They aren't guitars. They are curios
And I happen to be ri-curios
For a moment there I thought you were announcing that you're bi-curious

I was going to say that coming out (literally) with something like that deserves its' own thread