Moderator: Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Auckland Gearfest - Saturday 14th November - 12:30pm till 4:30pm

Post by Bg »

The original and the best - lets keep it that way!
I'd like to see all the good stuff on show, but maybe not a complete deafening free for all. Unless thats what the majority would like :D

I should have the alfa back on the road by then - as summer is approaching, she's been hibernating :) Ok, she failed her last wof, but it was a track rod end - no biggie. So I put her under her winter duvet. So.... I'll bring something, not sure what. I can't even play for longer than about 2 minutes at the moment due to shoulder pain. So my chops are minimal.
Bg wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:31 pm Date Locked in : 14th Nov, 12:30 till 4:30!
The Vault, Nugent Street....

80 bucks so a contribution of 5-10 bucks a piece would be great :) Lets make it awesome! Been too long
Just for those who missed the other thread, I've pasted the time,date and location. If you give me your address I can post up a google map with directions :moresarc:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: Auckland Gearfest - Saturday 14th November - 12:30pm till 4:30pm

Post by Jay »

Is it Da Bollix?

I'll bring the Duovette (hopefully i get it finished) and the pseudo Jansen amp dressed in glorious blue vinyl :wink:
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Nope I forgot to add the venue
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:14 pm ........I can't even play for longer than about 2 minutes at the moment due to shoulder pain. So my chops are minimal.
That's the best, "I really suck at playing" I've heard for ages. :rofl:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Slowy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:23 pm
Bg wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:14 pm ........I can't even play for longer than about 2 minutes at the moment due to shoulder pain. So my chops are minimal.
That's the best, "I really suck at playing" I've heard for ages. :rofl:
Just own the mediocrity.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Sadly it's true I might have psoriatic arthritis, but feel free to make it about something else ;)

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

You're doing it wrong, more wrist, less shoulder.

Had cortisone shot yesterday for my 'frozen shoulder'. Didn't even know it was a thing until a week ago. Very common apparently. Bastard thing.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

WellyBlues wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:59 pm You're doing it wrong, more wrist, less shoulder.

Had cortisone shot yesterday for my 'frozen shoulder'. Didn't even know it was a thing until a week ago. Very common apparently. Bastard thing.
Did it work? I'm google diagnosing, I'm between doctors and I have psoriasis and 2 fucked up knees and a shoulder. Could be the covid for all I actually know :) I suppose I should actually fill out the form and go to the new doctor. Especially after 6 months...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:56 pm ...... psoriatic arthritis.........
Nobody wants to make that about you.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:52 pm
Bg wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:56 pm ...... psoriatic arthritis.........
Nobody wants to make that about you.
on the bright side it could just be old age.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Bg wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:47 pm
WellyBlues wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:59 pm You're doing it wrong, more wrist, less shoulder.

Did it work? I'm google diagnosing, I'm between doctors and I have psoriasis and 2 fucked up knees and a shoulder. Could be the covid for all I actually know :) I suppose I should actually fill out the form and go to the new doctor. Especially after 6 months...
Frozen shoulder is age and wear and tear related. Will find out if it works over the next few days. The technical term is Adhesive Capsulitis. Basically inflammation. You wake up with it, it's not an injury from a fall, or activity. Then, if you're lucky, it fucks off after 2-3 months. I'm not lucky.

A friend of mine recommended acupuncture, apparently it has good success with the right practitioner. Will try it if the cortisone doesn't work.

Had an x-ray and ultrasound to make sure it wasn't an injury or arthritis. A nice looking shoulder apparently. I thought rugby might have fucked it but no. Knees though, fucked.
$460 for x-ray and ultrasound. Not covered by ACC.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

vyfster
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by vyfster »

I hope you recover quickly. I had a shoulder op and ended up with a frozen shoulder. It is the absolute worst pain I've had! I couldn't move my arm very much, couldn't sleep properly because when rolling over one tends to push off the bed and that was immensely painful! I couldn't get my arm over the body of a guitar so I didn't play for over a year! Have about 90% range of motion in the shoulder now and I can play guitar now! According to the physio won't get 100% range of motion back.

vyfster
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by vyfster »

WellyBlues wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:01 pm
Bg wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:47 pm

Frozen shoulder is age and wear and tear related. Will find out if it works over the next few days. The technical term is Adhesive Capsulitis. Basically inflammation. You wake up with it, it's not an injury from a fall, or activity. Then, if you're lucky, it fucks off after 2-3 months. I'm not lucky.
Physio told me that it can take up to 2 years to clear up. I don't remember how long it took to recover but it was well over a year for me.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Oh goodie, I can hardly wait

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

I’m in!!

Will bring attenuators! Also a very polite wee Bogner, A Gretsch or two, a Duesenberg, and a shitload of reverb. Can also bring a stinky old Martin and a Blonde Fender AB165 Bassman clone If anyone is interested.