D-style amp using PCBoard

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

D-style amp using PCBoard

Post by Marshmallow »

What do you guys think of having a D-style amp using PCB board?

I was thinking something for the studio like the mesaboogie. W2 channels - clean/ and the overdrive channel that can be footswitched with 2 presets .. more like 2 differnent types of gain. (rhythm and solo). Has tube reverb, tube fx loop boost and attenuator built in down to 10w. Might be worth trying before having the the Pt P 100w D-style amp. :lol: Oh yea the 100w would be next after the pcb type. :lol:

Keen on the thoughts though. :think:

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Re: D-style amp using PCBoard

Post by Slowy »

Hopefully we’ve all grown beyond the PCB vs hand wire argument. So it sounds like a great idea to me.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Re: D-style amp using PCBoard

Post by mrmofo »

yes! I would skip the D and just make the Boogie mk1. skip the verb and make one of those fender jobs.

those are my thoughts.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.