NGD(ish) x 2 / I'm done for a while.

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: NGD(ish) x 2 / I'm done for a while.

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:45 am
robthemac wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:41 am
Slowy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:49 am A man of great taste!
I'm concerned you don't get much character from the Whitfill's neck pup. When you bring it round we'll compare it with the Korinacaster whose neck is soulful to my ears. You might be a simple pickup change away from perfection.

And bring the Taylor; you can plug it into my AER. :D

Oh and Happy New Guitars day!!!!!
I find almost all Tele neck pickups to lack character. But I haven't played around with amp settings much yet. I'm sure I'll find something useful.

Yes, will bring the Taylor and the Whitfill down next time!
Re the Strat: My own research into the idea of removing poly and replacing with nitro indicated it was such a complex and difficult project that it was simpler to replace the body with one you want. Others may have found a way but it appears to be a serious undertaking.
And you need to play the Korinacaster.
Mmmm I'd like to refinish my sunburst tele in shell pink nitro but its such a gamble that it scares me off, will probably buy a MJT body at some stage...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Jonny »

Tasty guitars, and that Tele looks magnificent! We should have a Tele/Nocaster-off, checking vs checking. :winky: I do know what you mean about quality of instrument surpassing ones skills. On a playing basis I probably deserve my sons Epi P90 Special, however another full hollow body does keep calling my name...

Maybe it's the light, but that really looks like a thin finish. Just beautiful.
Yes, M'Lady.

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)

Post by Jonny »

Oh, and if you're curious about neck pick ups, I'd be happy for you to have a belt of the Nocaster. It's got the straight Nocaster set that came with the Time Machine models, and has modern wiring. Both pick ups in that guitar float my boat, but everyone's ear is different.
Yes, M'Lady.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Jonny wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:14 pm Oh, and if you're curious about neck pick ups, I'd be happy for you to have a belt of the Nocaster. It's got the straight Nocaster set that came with the Time Machine models, and has modern wiring. Both pick ups in that guitar float my boat, but everyone's ear is different.
Cheers dude, sounds like a plan! Where abouts are you?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)

Post by Jonny »

robthemac wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:27 pm
Jonny wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:14 pm Oh, and if you're curious about neck pick ups, I'd be happy for you to have a belt of the Nocaster. It's got the straight Nocaster set that came with the Time Machine models, and has modern wiring. Both pick ups in that guitar float my boat, but everyone's ear is different.
I'm in beautiful downtown East Auckland - Howick way. Can travel. Well, depending on viruses and lockdowns, etc. :winky:
Yes, M'Lady.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

God we need an Auckland gearfest. As long us in Tai Tokerau are invited.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

robthemac wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:38 pm God we need an Auckland gearfest. As long us in Tai Tokerau are invited.
we do, I'm just out of energy currently, Lets go for november.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

Amazing tele Rob, looks awesome. Im a big fan of having different neck profiles on my guitars as well, makes it more interesting to swap between them all. I’m keen for a gear fest in Auckland.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

Jonny wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:36 pm
robthemac wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:27 pm
I'm in beautiful downtown East Auckland - Howick way. Can travel. Well, depending on viruses and lockdowns, etc. :winky:
I’ve got the Lollar and Twisted Tele neck pups both of which I rate. You’re welcome to convene at my place. There’s a couple of decent amps and more pedals than a reasonable man needs.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Slowy wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:46 am
I’ve got the Lollar and Twisted Tele neck pups both of which I rate. You’re welcome to convene at my place. There’s a couple of decent amps and more pedals than a reasonable man needs.
Do you see any reasonable men around these parts?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

robthemac wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:25 am
Slowy wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:46 am
Do you see any reasonable men around these parts?
That is a reasonable question.
So there's you outed. :rofl:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.