Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Olderama »

:D Couldn’t be a r s ed waiting for a shipment so ordered some Samson MediaOne M50s
They seem to get a decent write up and not to expensive
My bedroom studio is coming together nicely :D
:mental:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Olderama wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:56 pm :D Couldn’t be a r s ed waiting for a shipment so ordered some Samson MediaOne M50s
They seem to get a decent write up and not to expensive
My closet studio is coming together nicely :D
You were doing it wrong, fixed!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Hoping the Baja lands tomorrow. Probably paid top-dollar for it but it looks minty and the wanky boutique pickups sound right up my alley.

Tele.jpg
Tele.jpg (455.88 KiB) Viewed 2359 times

Anybody know what these pickups are? They're apparently hot US Tele pickups but I've no idea. I'll likely flick 'em.

Tele Pickups.jpg
Tele Pickups.jpg (146.43 KiB) Viewed 2359 times

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

Pickups look standard modern Fender. The 048610 & 048609 refer to the bobbin mouldings, not the pup. They're found in Highway 1 series, Mexican and Californian issues.

As far as I know anyway.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:26 pm Pickups look standard modern Fender. The 048610 & 048609 refer to the bobbin mouldings, not the pup. They're found in Highway 1 series, Mexican and Californian issues.

As far as I know anyway.
Thanks Slowy. He chucked them in on the deal. I'll add them to the wee pile of small bits I need to get around to listing.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Molly wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 am
Slowy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:26 pm Pickups look standard modern Fender. The 048610 & 048609 refer to the bobbin mouldings, not the pup. They're found in Highway 1 series, Mexican and Californian issues.

As far as I know anyway.
Thanks Slowy. He chucked them in on the deal. I'll add them to the wee pile of small bits I need to get around to listing.
Picked up the Tele this morning. No sign of those extra pickups. Assuming it's an oversight on his part so have asked him to send them down.

Based on a quick play through the wee Blackstar in my office the pickups: "Custom wound vintage spec by AJF guitars in Nelson and a standard 3-way switch. These are low output vintage inspired with low waxing" sound very nice indeed. Looking forward to trying them through a proper amp. Wiring looks to be a full replacement. I did ask him about the old loom, Slowy, but he said he didn't have it. Sorry. I think the upgrade was done by a previous owner.

Baja Wiring.JPG
Baja Wiring.JPG (97.39 KiB) Viewed 2257 times

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 am

As far as I know anyway.
Picked up the Tele this morning. No sign of those extra pickups. Assuming it's an oversight on his part so have asked him to send them down.

Based on a quick play through the wee Blackstar in my office the pickups: "Custom wound vintage spec by AJF guitars in Nelson and a standard 3-way switch. These are low output vintage inspired with low waxing" sound very nice indeed. Looking forward to trying them through a proper amp. Wiring looks to be a full replacement. I did ask him about the old loom, Slowy, but he said he didn't have it. Sorry. I think the upgrade was done by a previous owner.

Baja Wiring.JPG
That is a blingy looking loom right there. Thanks for asking Molly. The fact that I seem to be one of the minority who love the original wiring gives me hope I might run across the discarded bits sooner or later. :rofl:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Slowy wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 am
That is a blingy looking loom right there. Thanks for asking Molly. The fact that I seem to be one of the minority who love the original wiring gives me hope I might run across the discarded bits sooner or later. :rofl:

https://920dcustom.com/collections/t-st ... switch-mod

Sorted???

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Molly wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 am

Baja Wiring.JPG
I gave the original loom to your bandmate when I sold him my last Baja. Maybe he has no use for it?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:25 am All pales in comparison to: https://obsidianwire.com/pro-wire-your-tele/
How you getting along with your ex-Slowy Baja? Mine seems identical to the last one which I guess speaks to Fender consistency.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Molly wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:39 am
jeremyb wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:25 am All pales in comparison to: https://obsidianwire.com/pro-wire-your-tele/
How you getting along with your ex-Slowy Baja? Mine seems identical to the last one which I guess speaks to Fender consistency.
I've got his PRS :mental:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 am
Molly wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:39 am
I've got his PRS :mental:
Oh... Duh. Now you mention it I think I knew that. Sorry.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:27 am

https://920dcustom.com/collections/t-st ... switch-mod

Sorted???
In all aspects except price, completely.
Folks seem determined to rip these things out of Bajas so the Scotsman in me says, "Watch and wait Laddie, watch and wait."