Axe FX iii Mkii

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1778 times
Been liked: 667 times

Axe FX iii Mkii

Post by KNNZ »

Been waiting for my FM3 for ages and now this just came out *yawn* FM3 will be obsolete by the time it’s available here :rofl:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Re: Axe FX iii Mkii

Post by jeremyb »

KNNZ wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:44 pm Been waiting for my FM3 for ages and now this just came out *yawn* FM3 will be obsolete by the time it’s available here :rofl:
Considered a He-licks?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 739 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Oh man.

I'll happily scoop up a cheap AxeFX III MK I now that they're obsolete and therefore sound terrible. :)

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 248 times

Post by griff »

Yeah it sucks waiting. I'm glad I jumped on the II tbh, this thing has floored me.
So they ported some of the Ares modeling over to it from the Axe III as a final update and it sounds fucken amazing! I would say better than a lot of tube amps out there. I was messing with dual amps on it this afternoon and the possibilities are endless! Fm3 cant do dual amps.
I don't think i'll even bother with a 3 or Fm3 now. Just ordered a Power Station too.. I'm not gonna go down the FRFR road.
Mate, just bid on that II that's on TM..
If you're ever passing through the naki, call in! :thumbup:

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

How long have you been on the waitinglist?

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

griff7628 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:00 pm Yeah it sucks waiting. I'm glad I jumped on the II tbh, this thing has floored me.
So they ported some of the Ares modeling over to it from the Axe III as a final update and it sounds fucken amazing! I would say better than a lot of tube amps out there. I was messing with dual amps on it this afternoon and the possibilities are endless! Fm3 cant do dual amps.
I don't think i'll even bother with a 3 or Fm3 now. Just ordered a Power Station too.. I'm not gonna go down the FRFR road.
I always thought the dual amps thing was overkill, but hearing a mates Axe II recently in a studio tweaked to perfection... I was like damn.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:49 pm
KNNZ wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:44 pm Been waiting for my FM3 for ages and now this just came out *yawn* FM3 will be obsolete by the time it’s available here :rofl:
Considered a He-licks?
yip! had one! still have my HX Stomp! :thumbup:

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

griff7628 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:00 pm Yeah it sucks waiting. I'm glad I jumped on the II tbh, this thing has floored me.
yes I've been watching it from a $1 reserve! fingers crossed!

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

Zaulkin wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:06 pm How long have you been on the waitinglist?
over a year now

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Was funny at one of our gearfests, Sopachrga had his Axe III plugged into Kdawg's 4x12 and most of us assumed the sound coming out was from the plexi head on top :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Most of the talk from the Facebook pages about this seems like people are pretty unimpressed. Not much of an upgrade. I'd probably even grab a II if one came up at the right price and have that always hooked up at home.
Loving it so far

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 248 times

Post by griff »

KNNZ wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:15 pm
You gonna throw a bid in?

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

griff7628 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:01 pm
KNNZ wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:15 pm
You gonna throw a bid in?
not yet but if the price is right, if I bid now i'm just gonna get outbid :mrgreen:

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

StratMatt wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:29 pm Most of the talk from the Facebook pages about this seems like people are pretty unimpressed. Not much of an upgrade. I'd probably even grab a II if one came up at the right price and have that always hooked up at home.
That's a lot of $$$ to spend on something when you could just plug/unplug your AX8.

But that's okay because I want that too. :lol:

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

There's no huge difference in the mk 1 and MK2 besides a more colourful screen and storage
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma