PG Spark users thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: PG Spark users thread

Post by jeremyb »

Molly wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:58 am
jeremyb wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:02 am
robthemac wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:30 am I hope the acceptance of the Spark goes more smoothly than the installation of the windows.
I do find the app a little flakey on my phone, hopefully Molly has a better time of it!
Got a spare Samsung tablet I'm setting aside for the job. :-)
Reminds me I should see if the boys old iPad will run the software!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Had half an hour with it. Cool bit of kit. Was getting some interference from my phone coming through the Spark but this all but disappeared when I took the phone off charge (was sharing a 4-way with the charger - could that be the cause?).

Will it only work out chords of songs on YouTube or can I get it to listen to Spotify? Guess I've some tutorials to watch.

Sounds great as a Bluetooth speaker, eh?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Molly wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:06 pm Had half an hour with it. Cool bit of kit. Was getting some interference from my phone coming through the Spark but this all but disappeared when I took the phone off charge (was sharing a 4-way with the charger - could that be the cause?).

Will it only work out chords of songs on YouTube or can I get it to listen to Spotify? Guess I've some tutorials to watch.

Sounds great as a Bluetooth speaker, eh?
Yeah the power supply isn't grounded so interference is possible :)

Haven't tried Spotify sorry, but yes great as a Bluetooth speaker, has some beef to it!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Just to answer my own earlier question, yes you can import songs from Spotify. You just need to make your playlists public.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Molly wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:09 am Just to answer my own earlier question, yes you can import songs from Spotify. You just need to make your playlists public.
Good to know, thanks Brian!!

Have you been making your own patches or using ones from the library? I've uploaded a few I made, a number of the ones I tried I didn't like so just made my own :)

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:31 am
Molly wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:09 am Just to answer my own earlier question, yes you can import songs from Spotify. You just need to make your playlists public.
Good to know, thanks Brian!!

Have you been making your own patches or using ones from the library? I've uploaded a few I made, a number of the ones I tried I didn't like so just made my own :)
No. Haven't as yet. Off sick today so may get some time with it later.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Can't be arsed... On TM.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Sold on a Buy Now. Putting my Fender 68 Custom in the lounge instead. That's more like it. :-)

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I work in IT so I rarely want to fuck about with apps and computers when I'm playing guitar. Katana is the perfect balance, I set it up once with a Laptop so it becomes the perfect amp for me. Then I just plug in, turn knobs and play.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:17 am I work in IT so I rarely want to fuck about with apps and computers when I'm playing guitar. Katana is the perfect balance, I set it up once with a Laptop so it becomes the perfect amp for me. Then I just plug in, turn knobs and play.
At times this is exactly how I feel about the AX8. Setting up the amp is not bad... I don't do that too often. It's the pedals that bug me. That means firing up PC.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:17 am I work in IT so I rarely want to fuck about with apps and computers when I'm playing guitar. Katana is the perfect balance, I set it up once with a Laptop so it becomes the perfect amp for me. Then I just plug in, turn knobs and play.
That's similar to me. The app was unstable and my patience ran out. Also, it needs an earth. Just too noisy. But mostly it's that when I get a chance to plug in it's generally fleeting so I really don't have time to fart around.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

As an aside, if you're unsure about your Spark now seems a good time to sell. Anecdotally, they seem to be going for more than the cost of ordering a new one.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

25% off for Thanksgiving!

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

I’m enjoying mine. Has some really nice tones, and am especially surprised how good the fender cleans are.

It is a great late night practice tool, with the YouTube integration. Not a gigging amp, but a decent studio amp I think

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Re: Positive Grid Spark 40

Post by Voxshall »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:57 am
slash-ed wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:53 am Be prepared to potentially wait 8+ months, which many people seem to have done already. And if they're only now starting to ship to those waiting, you'll be near the end of that list...
I think those long waits were because they didn't have anything to ship, seems improved now, but yeah not holding my breath :lol: