olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 862 times
Been liked: 742 times

Re: underway again

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Lawrence wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:27 pm So then I looked at what to do with them. I used an S Trem on my favourite number 12 guitar and had the inevitable big cutout at the back
number 12 193.jpg

so I ended up making two decisions: first, I would not cut the back all the way through but leave the full outline , ans
I would settle for a 22 fret neck which lets me move the bridge further back.

here is my drawing. You can see the fretboard extends further into the body> The green line at the back of the body is the line of the back

forpdf.jpg

I really like the look you have going on there...huge Kudos!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2262 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Saucy little steiny inspired minx!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Lawrence wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:59 pm kia ora whanau
hey Ive been quiet of late - lurking not missing - and fighting a few demons.

Don't look at them as "demons" dude look at them as motivators. The fight to control them is what makes you creative and strong, They are there for a reason
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

Thanks Willow - great headspace.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Lawrence wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:25 pm Thanks Willow - great headspace.
:thumbup: .. honestly I fight inner voices constantly but I know they are just that, "voices". I reached this point about 20 years ago when I was moving house and as I was driving to the new house I look into the rear vision mirror and the eyes I saw looking back at me scared the hell out of me because they were my eyes but the looked like a stranger. It was then I realise that there are things that we can not explain in our minds eye but if you can see that they aren't "you" in the real world then it is the heart of your creativity (even if it is negative creativity... that is where the "darkness" in lyrics/songs comes from for me anyway)

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lawrence »

its hard tho...on almost any measure my life is pretty good....but then the thinking starts...

Thank god for guitar building...never have bad thoughts when Ive got a tool in my hand.......there you go Jeremy .... :lol:
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4168 times

Post by jeremyb »

You're far from alone Lawrence, plenty of us understand exactly what you're talking about, the price of intelligence they say :(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 523 times
Been liked: 353 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Lawrence wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:30 pm its hard tho...on almost any measure my life is pretty good....but then the thinking starts...

Thank god for guitar building...never have bad thoughts when Ive got a tool in my hand.......there you go Jeremy .... :lol:
Nice passing of the baton there Lawrence!
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Lawrence wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:30 pm its hard tho...on almost any measure my life is pretty good....but then the thinking starts...

Thank god for guitar building...never have bad thoughts when Ive got a tool in my hand
yes it is hard.... Just had a huge talk with m kids about the mind and the little battles it will have with itself over the smallest things
Building for me only helps to a small degree. Pretending to be a rockstar (and making art work etc for songs/albums) and clearing my mind of songs and lyrics helps a bit more. That also leads to much frustration if I can't come up with ideas outside of those moments of inspiration .... and at least with building you can see a new guitar at the end of it, which is never a bad thing :congrats:

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

willow13 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:13 pm

Thank god for guitar building...never have bad thoughts when Ive got a tool in my hand
yes it is hard.... Just had a huge talk with m kids about the mind and the little battles it will have with itself over the smallest things
Building for me only helps to a small degree. Pretending to be a rockstar (and making art work etc for songs/albums) and clearing my mind of songs and lyrics helps a bit more. That also leads to much frustration if I can't come up with ideas outside of those moments of inspiration .... and at least with building you can see a new guitar at the end of it, which is never a bad thing :congrats:
Man, I've always had aspirations of writing - a novel or a screenplay. But all my best ideas come when I've got no way of capturing them, and I've always forgotten by the time I get to a device or paper & pen. :bummed:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

hamo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:02 am
willow13 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:13 pm

Man, I've always had aspirations of writing - a novel or a screenplay. But all my best ideas come when I've got no way of capturing them, and I've always forgotten by the time I get to a device or paper & pen. :bummed:
Install a voice recording app on your phone, record the ideas to your phone and review later.
Tin arse!!

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 460 times

Post by werdna »

Lawrence wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:30 pm Thank god for guitar building...never have bad thoughts when Ive got a tool in my hand.......there you go Jeremy .... :lol:
Lawrence sets them up, JB knocks them down!
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 1071 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

They say the world is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Terexgeek wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:39 am
hamo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:02 am

Install a voice recording app on your phone, record the ideas to your phone and review later.
yep My phone is full of me humming/singing riffs and lyrics. I started writing a "book" 25 years ago and had forgotten about it until about 1 month ago when I was going through so old folders and found it. I only wrote about 5 pages but it is quite a good start and I instantly remembered the framework of the story so I have every intention of trying to write it...hopefully it does not take another 25yrs to write :rofl:

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lawrence »

ok lets get some momentum here...

In this you can see my templates file.
guitartemplates1May2020 (600 x 437).jpg
guitartemplates1May2020 (600 x 437).jpg (44.99 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
thee are laser cut in acrylic. here is the first one in place
2.jpg
2.jpg (79.33 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
and here the two bodies routed
4.jpg
4.jpg (55.41 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
GrantB wrote: