HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by HackSaw »

Wairarapajack wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:25 pm Speaking of 20w tube amps, I do like the look of the Marshall Studio Vintage combo. It is very pretty and claims to do the Plexi thing at useable volume.
Desperately wanted one, but all the reviews suggest “useable volume” is still bloody loud. So practicality might rule it out for me...

Wairarapajack
Squier
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Wairarapajack »

KNNZ wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:53 pm Interesting I’ll check it out cheers!
If you get a chance to test one out let me know how it goes. I'm very happy with my fender Deluxes (tweed clone and reverb reissue flavours) at the moment, but having more options is always nice!

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

What about the Marshall Origin series? They have the power scaling on them so makes them a lot more useable outside of the arena's us folks usually frequent

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Mini Forklift wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:39 pm What about the Marshall Origin series? They have the power scaling on them so makes them a lot more useable outside of the arena's us folks usually frequent
I was not a fan of the one I demo'd at the RS a couple of months back. Lots of upper mids. No bottom end.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

I had one of the 50w heads, thought it was pretty good and excellent value. FWIW I was fairly underwhelmed when I played one at the Rockshop... shove it in your front room and turn it up though ooooh

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

This is crazy cool!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

yoggo
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by yoggo »

I’ve got the horn for a strat, but not a lot of money - what’s the best value for say under $1000? This looks like it will get me a Squier CV or a G&L tribute. There’s also Vintage V6 with Wilkinson hardware, or Yamaha for a bit less $$, and in an ideal world we would swamped by MIM strats for $600, but this doesn’t seem to be the the case.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

You'd probably put a decent partscaster for that money wouldn't you? Then you could choose your preferred pickups etc.
Loving it so far

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

If you could stretch to around $1250 you could buy a loaded fender vintera body and neck from www.stratosphereparts.com do it in two orders a few days apart so you avoid GST, I did this for my roadworn 60s strat and saved about $800 on new...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:12 pm If you could stretch to around $1250 you could buy a loaded fender vintera body and neck from www.stratosphereparts.com do it in two orders a few days apart so you avoid GST, I did this for my roadworn 60s strat and saved about $800 on new...
I thought this was only for strats, been GASsing for a tele and the options on TM and FB have been rather disappointing, glad they've got teles here too! Did you have to pay twice for shipping with two orders a few days apart?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

KNNZ wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:58 pm
jeremyb wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:12 pm If you could stretch to around $1250 you could buy a loaded fender vintera body and neck from www.stratosphereparts.com do it in two orders a few days apart so you avoid GST, I did this for my roadworn 60s strat and saved about $800 on new...
I thought this was only for strats, been GASsing for a tele and the options on TM and FB have been rather disappointing, glad they've got teles here too! Did you have to pay twice for shipping with two orders a few days apart?
Yeah I paid twice for shipping, but I think it worked out around the same anyway :)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:12 pm If you could stretch to around $1250 you could buy a loaded fender vintera body and neck from www.stratosphereparts.com
Geez Jb, I just had a look at that site. It felt like an abbatior; queasy and wrong! :sick: :problem:

:rofl:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

yoggo wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:53 pm I’ve got the horn for a strat, but not a lot of money - what’s the best value for say under $1000? This looks like it will get me a Squier CV or a G&L tribute. There’s also Vintage V6 with Wilkinson hardware, or Yamaha for a bit less $$, and in an ideal world we would swamped by MIM strats for $600, but this doesn’t seem to be the the case.
The G&L and Vintage stuff both have good reps for the dollars. That's where I'd be looking.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:47 pm
jeremyb wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:12 pm If you could stretch to around $1250 you could buy a loaded fender vintera body and neck from www.stratosphereparts.com
Geez Jb, I just had a look at that site. It felt like an abbatior; queasy and wrong! :sick: :problem:

:rofl:
:lol: kinda true I guess, prime cuts available to mix and match into your own monstrous frankenstein creation!

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Post by kdawg2a »

I may have some strats at firesale prices. PM me.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.