Moderator: Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

John Mayer Worshipthread

Post by jeremyb »

There seems to be enough fans here and share my current obsession, been looking into his gear a lot, and lets start with the foundation of his toan...

Last edited by jeremyb on Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Mini Forklift

Re: John Mayer Megathread

Post by Mini Forklift »

Has he gone back to Dumbles? I know he likes to chop and change depending on what sound he's chasing, remember he was using Two Rock for quite a while

Read only a couple of days ago that he is now completely sick of the 'Slow Dancing in a Burning Room' Strat tone he has become associated with

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

If anyone's into watches or interested in the upper tier/cork sniffery of collecting, this is a great 'watch' :lol:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Mini Forklift wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:43 am Has he gone back to Dumbles? I know he likes to chop and change depending on what sound he's chasing, remember he was using Two Rock for quite a while

Read only a couple of days ago that he is now completely sick of the 'Slow Dancing in a Burning Room' Strat tone he has become associated with
I've been reading about the net that the ODS is his main gigging amp currently, interesting considering he has the signature PRS amp... its quite cheap at $13k NZ at the rockshop :lol: they have a second hand one too for $8k.... whhheeee....

The tone on Continuum for slow dancing has an almost pedal steel kind of country thing to it, the version on where the light is is much much better IMO... that live tone is what I've been trying to replicate.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Mini Forklift wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:46 am If anyone's into watches or interested in the upper tier/cork sniffery of collecting, this is a great 'watch' :lol:

Apparently his collection is in the realm of 10s of millions of $$... mental.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

I think he was using Two-Rock when I saw him for the Battle Studies tour. He looked like a tweaker, but played great.

At least he spends his money on something with some investment value. Coke and hookers don't hold value like an IWC.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

robthemac wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:22 am I think he was using Two-Rock when I saw him for the Battle Studies tour. He looked like a tweaker, but played great.

At least he spends his money on something with some investment value. Coke and hookers don't hold value like an IWC.
Yeah he admits that watches are his replacement for the drugs and booze he doesn't do, pretty solid investment, just zero interest to me, but then in his shoes I'd have 10s of millions of dollars of cars and bikes instead which would bore others :lol:

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

If like to think I'd be quite happy with a couple of pre-CBS Fenders, an early Goldtop and a couple of jazz boxes. But a Dumble or two wouldn't hurt.

There's a video from Premier Guitar (I think) of Joe Bonamassa going through his touring rig. Awesome to see old gear getting used, rather than sitting in climate-controlled vaults!
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:31 am
robthemac wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:22 am I think he was using Two-Rock when I saw him for the Battle Studies tour. He looked like a tweaker, but played great.

Yeah he admits that watches are his replacement for the drugs and booze he doesn't do, pretty solid investment, just zero interest to me, but then in his shoes I'd have 10s of millions of dollars of cars and bikes instead which would bore others :lol:
Yeah pretty much. Watched a video where this car guy sells his Supra to a dude that built a makeup fortune off the back of his YouTube fandom. His car collection was wild.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Any idea what John uses live these days? I would have thought PRS might have convinced him to go with Silver Sky mostly, but it's hard to think of him not having at least five different guitars for a set.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

robthemac wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:40 am Any idea what John uses live these days? I would have thought PRS might have convinced him to go with Silver Sky mostly, but it's hard to think of him not having at least five different guitars for a set.
In the last couple of years he's been using the silver sky, as well as the signature fender strats, the martin acoustics etc, and using the 3 humbucker PRS super eagle for dead and company :)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Try as I might, I just can't raise anything but apathy for everything about this guy. :yawn:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Slowy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:20 pm Try as I might, I just can't raise anything but apathy for everything about this guy. :yawn:
I feel the same about Dumble amps tbh.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

JohnG
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by JohnG »

I went down the John Mayer tone chasing path..was an expensive one...Got the Fender John Mayer Sig, Martin OMJM, Two Rock Studio Pro, Marshall Bluesbreaker mark 1 pedal, Ibanez TS-10, Keeley Modded Blues Driver and Boost, Way Huge Delay......There, I feel better for that confession...