Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Mini Forklift »

Olderama wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:27 pm With massive thanks to Paul
Bucket list is a little bit less
That's awesome! I had one of the orange flame Dean Dime guitars for a while, if it had a fixed bridge I would've kept it. Floyd's do my head in

You don't see many of the blue ones come up very often aye, good score

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Candeevr4 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:28 am
Molly wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:25 pm Humbucker size P90s would be great but I'd never find a set cheap enough.
Have a set of GFS Mean 90's sitting in the cupboard - the ones out of JB's old telemaster and the green tele. Black covers though.
Thanks for thinking about it. I don't think black covers would suit it to be honest. Appreciate the thought.

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Molly wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:56 am Thanks for thinking about it. I don't think black covers would suit it to be honest. Appreciate the thought.
All good, didnt think they would be suitable. :)

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 518 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by mule »

Fuzz Factory got here from the states in 7 days! Have had a bad run of delayed deliveries recently so pretty stoked this made it so quickly. Helps that I'm 'working' from home today :D

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

mule wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:25 am Fuzz Factory got here from the states in 7 days! Have had a bad run of delayed deliveries recently so pretty stoked this made it so quickly. Helps that I'm 'working' from home today :D
Welcome to the madness, love the fuzz factory, I made a clone but it could be a tad unpredictable with the germanium transistors :lol: occasional sonic death when you turn it on :mental:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Talking about shipping delays, I ordered a part for my sim racing steering wheel from aussie on the 19th of may, after a month of no sign of it they DHL'd me another one... randomly today I get a package from france with the original one I'd ordered, WTF!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:19 pm Talking about shipping delays, I ordered a part for my sim racing steering wheel from aussie on the 19th of may, after a month of no sign of it they DHL'd me another one... randomly today I get a package from france with the original one I'd ordered, WTF!!
Do you do much sim racing? I'm just getting a new setup sorted again after having to sell up when living in an apartment.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Michael wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:53 pm
jeremyb wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:19 pm Talking about shipping delays, I ordered a part for my sim racing steering wheel from aussie on the 19th of may, after a month of no sign of it they DHL'd me another one... randomly today I get a package from france with the original one I'd ordered, WTF!!
Do you do much sim racing? I'm just getting a new setup sorted again after having to sell up when living in an apartment.
Was doing a heap over lockdown but too busy now with aikido and bike racing and guitar :)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I remember Geoff Cranston's Grand Prix 2, jumpers for goalposts, small boys in the park. Me and a guy I worked with made steering wheel and pedals. They actually worked quite well, considering we CNC'd most of the bits and used precision roller bearings etc. I loved working night shift.

I still hit up Project Cars 2, Dirt Rally 2 and Forza 7 every now and then.

Went down the flight sim rabbit hole for a short while - so looking forward to the new microsoft, I'll wait awhile though, bugs etc...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Bought this Les Paul Traditional. Think I'll prefer the spec of the Traditional over the Standard (though I get that they varied the spec from year to year).

LPT.jpg
LPT.jpg (84.32 KiB) Viewed 3253 times

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Molly wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:36 pm Bought this Les Paul Traditional. Think I'll prefer the spec of the Traditional over the Standard (though I get that they varied the spec from year to year).

LPT.jpg
Nice mate

Needs more photos tho ..... :mental:
:mental:

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Olderama wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:37 pm
Molly wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:36 pm Bought this Les Paul Traditional. Think I'll prefer the spec of the Traditional over the Standard (though I get that they varied the spec from year to year).

LPT.jpg
Nice mate

Needs more photos tho ..... :mental:
Was just about to say the same.

But since you did I won't.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Joyo American Sound for bass drive.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Was worried the Covid thing would delay my Les Paul. My Mrs pointed-out that in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that important. I pointed-out that in the grand scheme of things nothing is important. As David Thewlis' character in Mike Leigh's 'Naked' said: We're all in a constant state of coming into being and passing away. Despite that, I still want my new Les Paul... Thankfully, it's made it out of the danger zone ;-)

tracking.JPG
tracking.JPG (38.07 KiB) Viewed 3096 times

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

Molly wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:33 am Was worried the Covid thing would delay my Les Paul. My Mrs pointed-out that in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that important. I pointed-out that in the grand scheme of things nothing is important. As David Thewlis' character in Mike Leigh's 'Naked' said: We're all in a constant state of coming into being and passing away. Despite that, I still want my new Les Paul... Thankfully, it's made it out of the danger zone ;-)

tracking.JPG
are you gonna soak it in sanitiser? :wink: