Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

HNLPD

Post by Molly »

Happy New Les Paul Day.

Picked this up on the way to work today. 2014 Standard +. Nice top. Minty condition. Push-pull pots for the things. Plan is to lean it against my half-stack and just look at it. ;-)

LP.jpg
LP.jpg (732 KiB) Viewed 3817 times

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Re: HNLPD

Post by Olderama »

Molly wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:54 am Happy New Les Paul Day.

Picked this up on the way to work today. 2014 Standard +. Nice top. Minty condition. Push-pull pots for the things. Plan is to lean it against my half-stack and just look at it. ;-)

LP.jpg
Make sure you have a leopard skin strap on it and a half bottle of JD next to it :thumbup:

looks lovely mate
:mental:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Olderama wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:00 am

LP.jpg
Make sure you have a leopard skin strap on it and a half bottle of JD next to it :thumbup:

looks lovely mate
And the zoned-out hooker. ;-)

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3486 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

Molly wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:03 am
Olderama wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:00 am

LP.jpg

looks lovely mate
And the zoned-out hooker. ;-)
Pick one up on your way to work tomorrow ;-)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4168 times

Post by jeremyb »

Proper job, nice!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:37 am Proper job, nice!
Well, I'm unlikely to have the money for a CS LP any time soon and this seems as nice as the regular production guitars get. Neck profile's a bit slim for my liking but I'll live with it. Chrome pickup covers I'd happily swap for nickel but I'm not putting money into it. Only played it through the wee Blackstar battery-powered amp I have at work and it sounds groovy.

It's got 'traditional' weight-relief (not to be confused with the LP Traditional which, I think apart from 2012, isn't weight-relived), and probably a PCB under the control cover.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4168 times

Post by jeremyb »

Molly wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:45 am
Well, I'm unlikely to have the money for a CS LP any time soon and this seems as nice as the regular production guitars get. Neck profile's a bit slim for my liking but I'll live with it. Chrome pickup covers I'd happily swap for nickel but I'm not putting money into it. Only played it through the wee Blackstar battery-powered amp I have at work and it sounds groovy.

It's got 'traditional' weight-relief (not to be confused with the LP Traditional which, I think apart from 2012, isn't weight-relived), and probably a PCB under the control cover.
Buddy of mine has a standard from about that era and it was a bloody great guitar, couldn't fault it, not a big heavy boat anchor like a lot of lezzers.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1105 times
Been liked: 1421 times

Post by robthemac »

That looks like a great leaning guitar.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

robthemac wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:21 pm That looks like a great leaning guitar.
I tried-out a few in the shop. Some lean better than others. The Custom Shop ones lean best but I can't afford that. Some lean at a jaunty angle (Explorers and Firebirds mainly) so I've had to rule them out. Thought about leaning a V but there's too much symmetry for my liking. So, a Les Paul it is. I'll be leaning it as soon as I get home. Pics to follow.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

I wonder if it has got the classic+ pick-up in the bridge position. I had a Les Paul with push pull pots and at came with the classic+. I thought it was a great pick up.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

AiRdAd wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:28 pm I wonder if it has got the classic+ pick-up in the bridge position. I had a Les Paul with push pull pots and at came with the classic+. I thought it was a great pick up.
No idea. All four pots are push-pull. Coil tap, bypass (just the bridge straight to the amp bypassing the pots), and phase reversal (I think).

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3480 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

That's a gorgeous top! More pics required, leaning or otherwise

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1105 times
Been liked: 1421 times

Post by robthemac »

Molly wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:29 pm
robthemac wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:21 pm That looks like a great leaning guitar.
I tried-out a few in the shop. Some lean better than others. The Custom Shop ones lean best but I can't afford that. Some lean at a jaunty angle (Explorers and Firebirds mainly) so I've had to rule them out. Thought about leaning a V but there's too much symmetry for my liking. So, a Les Paul it is. I'll be leaning it as soon as I get home. Pics to follow.
Les Paul's are great leaning guitars. And falling guitars. It's the landing they struggle with.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 380 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Molly wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:45 am
Chrome pickup covers I'd happily swap for nickel but I'm not putting money into it.
take em off and put them in an empty ice ream tub with a small dish of Hydrochloric (?) acid. Check regularly and remove when dulled / aged to your requirements.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Cdog wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:50 pm That's a gorgeous top! More pics required, leaning or otherwise
I agree - we need more pics please !!!
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.