Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by jeremyb »

mule wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:23 am Looking at a rejig of my pedalboard. Few things I want to add or replace:
- Nicer delay to replace DD-3. I like the look of the 80tape In Limbo but I'm not sure if they're still making them
- Fuzz to replace big muff, something a bit weirder ideally
- Isolated power supply
- Something else? Chorus/trem or something. Will know it when I see it...
Check out the source audio nemesis delay, so good! Fuzz Factory would be a good choice IMO, you can get nice to fucking nasty tones out of one, there are some nice trem pedals out there, my favourite has to be the Tremotron!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Expect to see Reg posting in this thread - he's got three grant to spend !!! :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

AiRdAd wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:37 am Expect to see Reg posting in this thread - he's got three grant to spend !!! :-)
I heard he's got an order in for a MK2 Katana Head and 2x12 :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

AiRdAd wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:37 am Expect to see Reg posting in this thread - he's got three grant to spend !!! :-)

Jeebux, how many vintage guitars could you buy for three grant? :lol:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

mule wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:23 am Looking at a rejig of my pedalboard. Few things I want to add or replace:
- Nicer delay to replace DD-3. I like the look of the 80tape In Limbo but I'm not sure if they're still making them
- Isolated power supply
Is that KoT clone still on the board?

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

Tele partscasters. Each day I read Reverb, the Gear Page and Ebay. Key word Warmoth. I want a single bound, black tele body, fully loaded. The neck I can give or take. Wanting to get a Warmoth tele neck with Wolfgang profile. So much want. Yet last month it was Asher T-Deluxes. And next month, it'll be something else. I question whether I am in control any longer of my pastime.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

werdna wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 am Tele partscasters. Each day I read Reverb, the Gear Page and Ebay. Key word Warmoth. I want a single bound, black tele body, fully loaded. The neck I can give or take. Wanting to get a Warmoth tele neck with Wolfgang profile. So much want. Yet last month it was Asher T-Deluxes. And next month, it'll be something else. I question whether I am in control any longer of my pastime.
I could see you rocking something like this: https://stratosphereparts.com/new-fende ... y-tbf-bkp/

JohnG
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by JohnG »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:50 am
werdna wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 am Tele partscasters. Each day I read Reverb, the Gear Page and Ebay. Key word Warmoth. I want a single bound, black tele body, fully loaded. The neck I can give or take. Wanting to get a Warmoth tele neck with Wolfgang profile. So much want. Yet last month it was Asher T-Deluxes. And next month, it'll be something else. I question whether I am in control any longer of my pastime.
I could see you rocking something like this: https://stratosphereparts.com/new-fende ... y-tbf-bkp/
I'm about to press the button on a Strat Neck from those Guys and a Relic Body from MJT...gonna be pretty costly once I get all the other bits etc...but lots of fun in the planning!

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

JohnG wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:43 pm
I'm about to press the button on a Strat Neck from those Guys and a Relic Body from MJT...gonna be pretty costly once I get all the other bits etc...but lots of fun in the planning!
and possibly lots of waiting :mrgreen:

JohnG
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by JohnG »

KNNZ wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:48 pm
JohnG wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:43 pm

and possibly lots of waiting :mrgreen:
Ha! True...Wonder if the US Dollar is gonna tank with all the going's on, and I'll end up wishing I'd held off anyway!

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 518 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by mule »

codedog wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:11 am
- Isolated power supply
Is that KoT clone still on the board?
Yep I'm really happy with it. Between that and the hotcake there's a good variety of combinations of dirt. No plans to get rid of it any time soon :D

mule
PRS
PRS

Post by mule »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:34 am
- Isolated power supply
Check out the source audio nemesis delay, so good! Fuzz Factory would be a good choice IMO, you can get nice to fucking nasty tones out of one, there are some nice trem pedals out there, my favourite has to be the Tremotron!

Yep fuzz factory has been in my eye for awhile. Have given up on finding one locally so may just need to suck it up and order one new.

That trem looks amazing but is probably surplus to requirements and the sheer amount of LEDs gives me anxiety :D

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

mule wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:27 pm
jeremyb wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:34 am
- Isolated power supply

Yep fuzz factory has been in my eye for awhile. Have given up on finding one locally so may just need to suck it up and order one new.

That trem looks amazing but is probably surplus to requirements and the sheer amount of LEDs gives me anxiety :D
Fuzz Factory is a really easy build if you can solder :)

mule
PRS
PRS

Post by mule »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:56 amFuzz Factory is a really easy build if you can solder :)
I just really want to support the folks at zvex.

Definitely has nothing to do with me being terrible at soldering...

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

No GAS right now as I need to start saving for back surgery

Have had major pain for a while, found out I had a ruptured disc so got a nerve blocker & cortisone injection but it didn't work. Went back this week to see my Orthopedic surgeon and now I'm in line for a L5/S1 Discectomy. Oh the joy