Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Reg18 »

https://youtu.be/RmgV52oVZAgJust got my new Big Muff, it’s not something I’d use live Much but fun none the less!
https://youtu.be/RmgV52oVZAg

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

1TB SSD for my music production PC and an external case for the 256Gb one thats in there now, can also pull out the noisy 2Tb sata drive and keep that for backups...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

I'm hoping I have a Strymon El Capistan in the mail.. Haven't heard back from the dude about a tracking number, was supposedly sent last Friday :think:
Loving it so far

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

Jackson Audio pedale :mrgreen:

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

Mid sixties singing cowboys, another project, reset and clean up.

ImageCowboy by Laurie Franks, on Flickr

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Finally going to dip my toes into offsets. Couldn't resist purple and gold!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Finally have a tracking number for the Iridium. Fingers crossed for Monday then.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

Still waiting on the El Capistan. Hit the guy up again on Friday, he apparently then rang the post shop where "the new girl had messed something up, and it would be sent straight away". Still no tracking number; feel like I'm getting the run around a bit.
Loving it so far

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

StratMatt wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:29 am Still waiting on the El Capistan. Hit the guy up again on Friday, he apparently then rang the post shop where "the new girl had messed something up, and it would be sent straight away". Still no tracking number; feel like I'm getting the run around a bit.
Smells like bullshit to me, he should just be upfront and honest that he hasn't sent it.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:42 am
StratMatt wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:29 am Still waiting on the El Capistan. Hit the guy up again on Friday, he apparently then rang the post shop where "the new girl had messed something up, and it would be sent straight away". Still no tracking number; feel like I'm getting the run around a bit.
Smells like bullshit to me, he should just be upfront and honest that he hasn't sent it.
Seems like it eh. Bought through bookface too so not exactly much I can do if he decides he'd rather keep the pedal and my money.
Loving it so far

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

StratMatt wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:53 am
jeremyb wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:42 am
Seems like it eh. Bought through bookface too so not exactly much I can do if he decides he'd rather keep the pedal and my money.
No tracking number would have to mean a deliberate attempt to defraud. If it goes tits up I'd say you could do something about it.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

So I've managed to ascertain that my $420 pedal was sent via snail mail instead of tracked courier as one would assume. My fault for asking for free shipping I suppose. Fuck knows where it is or how long its going to take.

I hope he goes on to do great things with that extra $6 he saved by being a cheap ass.
Loving it so far

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

StratMatt wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:39 am So I've managed to ascertain that my $420 pedal was sent via snail mail instead of tracked courier as one would assume. My fault for asking for free shipping I suppose. Fuck knows where it is or how long its going to take.

I hope he goes on to do great things with that extra $6 he saved by being a cheap ass.
It's not even $6, its only $3 for a courier upgrade at the post shop!!! And then it has insurance, normal snail mail has none :mad:

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

You can put tracking on it for $1, can’t see why you wouldn’t

In keeping with the theme of the thread I’m rather looking forward to getting the 65 Amps London Pro head from Molly. Probably next month sometime, once I’ve paid him and sort out a date when he’s next in Chch. Sounds like it should be a good match with the R8... which is currently on the way to GrantB for a refret

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

StratMatt wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:39 am So I've managed to ascertain that my $420 pedal was sent via snail mail instead of tracked courier as one would assume. My fault for asking for free shipping I suppose. Fuck knows where it is or how long its going to take.

I've learned to be explicit. Just can't rely on folk to do the sensible thing. Always better if I can bring it in myself via a TM booking.