I built an Android App to create backing tracks, anybody up to give it a try ?

Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

Tortoose
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 2 times

I built an Android App to create backing tracks, anybody up to give it a try ?

Post by Tortoose »

Hi Folks,

I play guitar (mostly electric) for a bit of time, I enjoy it and I have a lot of fun trying to play the tracks I am a big fan of. I am always looking for good backing tracks do to so and that’s how I ended up discovering this forum.

I also am a software engineer, and last year I devised a way to produce pretty good backing tracks from any music file using the latest developments in Artificial Intelligence. The result is not perfect but way better than any other system I used before. I was having so much fun with it that I tried to see if I could make this available to anyone. To make it available I built an android app and the underlying system to make it work on my free time. That was fun too, and pretty complex. I am now at the stage that I can share it with a few expert and get their opinion. I named it “I am a Band” as the app allows anybody to silence guitar, drums, bass, piano or vocals from any mp3 file on their device.

I try to build the app in a way which is pretty straightforward to get started with, open it, pick a mp3 file, let the system work on it (it might takes 10, 15 minutes to process a song) and then play it silencing the different tracks, changing the tempo or tone if you need to.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Edit: The "I am a band" app is now publicly available on the Play Store :mental: (exclusive to NZ):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... okemymusic

You can install it with a simple click.

Feedback is welcomed through this topic!
Last edited by Tortoose on Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Re: I built an Android App to create backing tracks, anybody up to give it a try ?

Post by robthemac »

I'll give it a bash for ya!
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Tortoose
Stagg
Stagg

Re: I built an Android App to create backing tracks, anybody up to give it a try ?

Post by Tortoose »

Awesome, thanks ! Your mail is registered, you should have access now when you click on the link "install it using this link" in the post. Sometime google won't let you download it at first, it seems they might need some delay in between registration and downloading the app but if you're lucky you might be able to install it right away.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Welcome to the forum, sounds like a cool app :)

Tortoose
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Tortoose »

Thanks ! It sure is fun to build and at the very least I have fun using it ;)

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

it would be easier if you just sent the apk so we could sideload it. Can you give us a video demo of it working

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

What a great idea, I've played around with vocal cancelling software in the past and always found it a bit shit, interested to see how this goes!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by H671 »

kwhelan wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:14 am it would be easier if you just sent the apk so we could sideload it. Can you give us a video demo of it working
+1
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

Tortoose
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Tortoose »

Installing an APK from an external source requires way more tweaking than clicking on a URL, and I use API which woukd most likely refuse to work from a sideloaded thing.

I like the video idea,I might make it before the public release.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

Im keen as man

Tortoose
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Tortoose »

If any of you want to give it a try, drop your email here: https://forms.gle/tNZzP3ause4oeBwQ7

Tortoose
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Tortoose »

Hi! The "I am a band" app is now publicly available on the Play Store :mental: (exclusive to NZ):

It will be free for the next 8 days, starting on Sunday 5th share this link with any music player which you think might be interested so that he/she can give it a shot while it's free!

Once the discount period is over then the classic rules apply: 48h to test, and if not happy with it uninstall to cancel the order.

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by H671 »

Tortoose wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:59 pm Hi! The "I am a band" app is now publicly available on the Play Store :mental: (exclusive to NZ):

It will be free for the next 8 days, starting on Sunday 5th share this link with any music player which you think might be interested so that he/she can give it a shot while it's free!

Once the discount period is over then the classic rules apply: 48h to test, and if not happy with it uninstall to cancel the order.
It won't install unless I pay for it ($1.69)

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

H671 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:44 pm
Tortoose wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:59 pm Hi! The "I am a band" app is now publicly available on the Play Store :mental: (exclusive to NZ):

It's only free starting Sunday, 5th July, according to the post.

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by H671 »

codedog wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:48 pm
H671 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:44 pm

It's only free starting Sunday, 5th July, according to the post.
Thanks! I should read more carefully.