Optimus Prime: A Cool Story

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: Optimus Prime: A Cool Story

Post by Jay »

jeremyb wrote:
rickenbackerkid wrote:Pics are required, please.
https://nzguitars.com//forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33180 :thumbup:

Ha, so it is exactly 3 years to the actual date today!

Five years, yeah right :D
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

Great to hear this. Tony is a friend and I know he put a tonne of research into the design/specs. Glad you guys re-connected. Doesn't feel like 5 years!

I felt like I should have bid on it at the time as it went really cheap for what it is, but given I'm a fairly sporadic player now i'm glad it's in a better home.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

hamo wrote:
Slowy wrote:
hamo wrote:
You got it for an absolute steal yeah?
Tony said last night that if he’d known how it was going to work out, he would have given it to me.
And let you have the amp for free too? :P
Jb? Put Hamo down NOW!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Delayman wrote:Great to hear this. Tony is a friend and I know he put a tonne of research into the design/specs. Glad you guys re-connected. Doesn't feel like 5 years!

I felt like I should have bid on it at the time as it went really cheap for what it is, but given I'm a fairly sporadic player now i'm glad it's in a better home.
That’s right, you PMd me and told me about it. I really owe you mate!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Anvil Amps Alan »

I have some NIB 6DZ7 National USA brand
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a
delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

NZTone.e
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by NZTone.e »

That’s crazy that it’s only 3 years since I sold it, but I quit music at the end of 2013, so this head sat in my cupboard for 3-4 years.

I was hoping my boy would play, but he’s never shown any interest so decided to flick it on.

Obviously couldn’t have gone to a more appreciative person, it was a hard earned build, and the man who built it put in extreme effort.

I’ve just talked to him this morning after about 6 years and he was very excited to hear from me and while he’s disappointed I sold it, I told him once he’d talked to Slowy he’d be happy again.

Glad it’s gone to such a good home, I call dibs on the estate sale!

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

NZTone.e wrote:That’s crazy that it’s only 3 years since I sold it, but I quit music at the end of 2013, so this head sat in my cupboard for 3-4 years.

I was hoping my boy would play, but he’s never shown any interest so decided to flick it on.

Obviously couldn’t have gone to a more appreciative person, it was a hard earned build, and the man who built it put in extreme effort.

I’ve just talked to him this morning after about 6 years and he was very excited to hear from me and while he’s disappointed I sold it, I told him once he’d talked to Slowy he’d be happy again.

Glad it’s gone to such a good home, I call dibs on the estate sale!
What made you give up? Was it forced or did you just lose your passion?

Sorry for the super personal question first up, welcome to the forum. :D
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

NZTone.e
Tokai
Tokai

Post by NZTone.e »

Oh, and I just read through the NAD thread, and the grills were there for air flow, the fan was designed to pull air in through the side vent, passed the power tubes and out the holes in the front, but being built so well, it probably wasn’t necessary!

Also, I didn’t stop playing because I went blind, been blind for decades, I just through my toys and quit!

NZTone.e
Tokai
Tokai

Post by NZTone.e »

Hamo, sorry, couldn’t find the quote button, but I literally just threw a tanty!

I had enough of all the peeps I new at the time, and the hassles getting shit done as a blindy, so I told my wife I’d put everything away in the cupboard for 3 months and if I hadn’t "past participle of get" any of it out to use purely for fun then I was going to sell it all!

3 months later I sold it all!

Music had become like a job, something I was doing because I had too, not because I wanted too.

I took up fishing instead!

NZTone.e
Tokai
Tokai

Post by NZTone.e »

Lol, that’s some weird shit in the post above, I meant to say if I hadn’t "past participle of get" my gear out to play purely for fun, then I was going to sell it!

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

NZTone.e wrote:Lol, that’s some weird shit in the post above, I meant to say if I hadn’t "past participle of get" my gear out to play purely for fun, then I was going to sell it!
There are a few word filters on the site, based on the peccadilloes of our main man BG. That word G O T T E N is on the hitlist, hence the weird shit... :)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

rickenbackerkid wrote:Pics are required, please.
Possibly weekend. They’re on my desktop. My days are currently spent planning my escape from here.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

hamo wrote:
NZTone.e wrote:Lol, that’s some weird shit in the post above, I meant to say if I hadn’t "past participle of get" my gear out to play purely for fun, then I was going to sell it!
There are a few word filters on the site, based on the peccadilloes of our main man BG. That word G O T T E N is on the hitlist, hence the weird shit... :)
because got ten isn't a real word, its a bastardisation...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

Bg wrote:
hamo wrote:
because got ten isn't a real word, its a bastardisation...
Hey, I never said I disagreed... :mrgreen:

NZTone.e
Tokai
Tokai

Post by NZTone.e »

Lol, fair enough!