Strat comparisons

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Strat comparisons

Post by jeremyb »

Interesting comparison!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Re: Strat comparisons

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

Damn, Ultras are only $1800 in the US? We get fucking reamed here.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Michael wrote:Damn, Ultras are only $1800 in the US? We get fucking reamed here.

Yeah but then you try and import one yourself and it ends up about the same as NZ RRP.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

robthemac wrote:
Michael wrote:Damn, Ultras are only $1800 in the US? We get fucking reamed here.

Yeah but then you try and import one yourself and it ends up about the same as NZ RRP.
life is pain

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

robthemac wrote:

Nah man its about $1000 cheaper to buy one from Andertons with having to pay the GST here, so you could easily get a price match from RS :)

Other thing is to keep an eye on stratosphere as they have a loaded Ultra body for $799 US and just have to wait for an ultra strat neck to show up on there...

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

jeremyb wrote:
robthemac wrote:

Nah man its about $1000 cheaper to buy one from Andertons with having to pay the GST here, so you could easily get a price match from RS :)

Other thing is to keep an eye on stratosphere as they have a loaded Ultra body for $799 US and just have to wait for an ultra strat neck to show up on there...
YMMV I’ve tried doing a price match from RS with Andertons/Thomann and they told me they only do pricematch with shops within NZ

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

KNNZ wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
robthemac wrote:

YMMV I’ve tried doing a price match from RS with Andertons/Thomann and they told me they only do pricematch with shops within NZ
Did you talk to Dave directly? he'd do you a fair price match on foreign stuff, at least he used to be able to :)

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

jeremyb wrote:
KNNZ wrote:
jeremyb wrote:

Did you talk to Dave directly? he'd do you a fair price match on foreign stuff, at least he used to be able to :)
I have talked to Dave a few times and bought some stuff already but don't feel comfortable asking him all the time :mrgreen:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

but he is the pricemeister!

I know what you mean about comfortable, you saw the trampoline photo too?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

Bg wrote:but he is the pricemeister!

I know what you mean about comfortable, you saw the trampoline photo too?
what trampoline photo?? anyways i'm happy to have not seen it because you can't unsee something...

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

You could never unsee that one, never. ever. not ever.
I won't even post it. Its that bad.

A naked Dave, in the snow, on a trampoline.
Thank god it wasn't a video.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

jeremyb wrote:
robthemac wrote:

JB, you better check your figures. There's no way with freight, GST & customs fees you can buy one retail offshore and land it $1k cheaper than NZ retail price.

I've just sold an Ultra Strat for $4387. RS price is $4599.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Conway wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
robthemac wrote:

JB, you better check your figures. There's no way with freight, GST & customs fees you can buy one retail offshore and land it $1k cheaper than NZ retail price.

I've just sold an Ultra Strat for $4387. RS price is $4599.
Have you considered doing a naked trampoline shot? Just for JB?