NGD '14 CS 335

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

goldtop0
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 115 times

NGD '14 CS 335

Post by goldtop0 »

Looks like 335s arethe go at the moment.
Got this one in from Tokyo last week.
Nashville '14 '59 ri with a good fat neck and 8lb 3oz.
The previous owner in Japan must have never played it as it's immaculate without a bump mark or scratch anywhere......even on the pickguard.........a bit too pristine for my liking though so will be dirtying her up a little.
Sounds airy open and woody with a rich and round 'plunk' when I hit the strings........love the sound of a semi hollow body.......definitely a keeper.
Took 50 years for me to get a good 335.

https://i.imgur.com/mg3TY90.jpg
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Re: NGD '14 CS 335

Post by Voxshall »

That looks amazing, and sounds like it has the perfect tone. I thought you used to be more into 60's necks didn't you get a 60 ri Les Paul? The vintage snob in me wants to sell a bunch of guitars and get a nice old Gibson 335 rather than my Ibanez LR-10 semi, but the LR-10 plays and sounds so good I'm finding it hard to take that jump.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

that does look very cool!!! :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1105 times
Been liked: 1422 times

Post by robthemac »

Voxshall wrote:That looks amazing, and sounds like it has the perfect tone. I thought you used to be more into 60's necks didn't you get a 60 ri Les Paul? The vintage snob in me wants to sell a bunch of guitars and get a nice old Gibson 335 rather than my Ibanez LR-10 semi, but the LR-10 plays and sounds so good I'm finding it hard to take that jump.
Dibs on the LR-10.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

goldtop0
Squier
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by goldtop0 »

Voxshall wrote:That looks amazing, and sounds like it has the perfect tone. I thought you used to be more into 60's necks didn't you get a 60 ri Les Paul? The vintage snob in me wants to sell a bunch of guitars and get a nice old Gibson 335 rather than my Ibanez LR-10 semi, but the LR-10 plays and sounds so good I'm finding it hard to take that jump.

When I first started out with LPs I got a Standard in '91 which was a dog of a guitar(and luckily it was stolen) got a LP Classic and a R0 in '03, as at the time I was finding my way with the whole Gibson historic thing.
Over the years I've sorted out that I much prefer fatter necks and have since sold the Classic, R0 and a '13 R7(didn't have a fat neck at all).
It's the same old adage.........if you like the guitar you've got why change, stick with your LR-10. I only sell the ones I don't like.
Doin' that scrapyard thing.