codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Pepers' Rocket Sockets!

Post by codedog »

Anyone else bought a set from Tony when he had a Kickstarter campaign? I realise this is probably more in the pedal building circles but I have only used it on guitars. They're bloody handy! Yup, that's an ObsidianWire 7-way harness going in.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Pepers' Rocket Sockets!

Post by Bg »

codedog wrote:Anyone else bought a set from Tony when he had a Kickstarter campaign? I realise this is probably more in the pedal building circles but I have only used it on guitars. They're bloody handy! Yup, that's an ObsidianWire 7-way harness going in.

solution to a problem that doesn't exist if you have spanners :) or a socket set :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Bg wrote:
codedog wrote:Anyone else bought a set from Tony when he had a Kickstarter campaign? I realise this is probably more in the pedal building circles but I have only used it on guitars. They're bloody handy! Yup, that's an ObsidianWire 7-way harness going in.

solution to a problem that doesn't exist if you have spanners :) or a socket set :)
I guess these have the benefit of not being real tools and so can live comfortably in your collection of building guitars stuff.

Unlike a real socket set or spanner set that within 15 seconds of opening for the first time the 14mm socket or spanner goes missing, shortly followed by the 12mm... then the 13mm...

I have a lot of sockets and spanners for 11mm bolts and nuts.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Yup, I have spanners but socket sets are always in a frikkin mess for some unknown reasons. My garage is not tidy and, by the time sockets are also used for other purposes too, they end up all mixed up. You're obviously a tidy bunny who always have things at hand. I find it handy to keep this set just for similar purposes.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Danger Mouse wrote:
Bg wrote: solution to a problem that doesn't exist if you have spanners :) or a socket set :)
I guess these have the benefit of not being real tools and so can live comfortably in your collection of building guitars stuff.

Unlike a real socket set or spanner set that within 15 seconds of opening for the first time the 14mm socket or spanner goes missing, shortly followed by the 12mm... then the 13mm...

I have a lot of sockets and spanners for 11mm bolts and nuts.
Aaaah... my brother in suffering... :wave:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Unlike every other tool I've owned, I have the same socket set that I bought 19 years ago.
I've added to it. And my poor old ratchet wrench is on its last legs. Look after your sockets. especially if you buy snap-on.

These aren't, they're repco but still going strong after 19 years of solid use. I replaced the 13mm - yeah come on! - after 12 years of abuse....

You need good sockets, screwdrivers, spanners and a multimeter. Everything else is gravy
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

JustMatt
Gibson
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by JustMatt »

I'm with you Dany. These look handy AF.

We currently use sockets without the ratchet, but the wings would save the hands for sure.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

https://peperspedals.bigcartel.com/prod ... et-sockets

Gotta love supporting local businesses too!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Rocket Socket.........Sausage Wallet...
I'm sorry, it's like a visual earworm and it won't leave me alone.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

deleted my post, just in case my memory was incorrect :)

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

the other bonus of these is if you are a clumsy oaf like me you dont go scratching up your paint work when said tools go for a skid (always happens with cheap crescents)

Snarblinge
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Snarblinge »

Kris wrote:the other bonus of these is if you are a clumsy oaf like me you dont go scratching up your paint work when said tools go for a skid (always happens with cheap crescents)
THIS!! fresh painted pedal vs slightly too big socket, or worse my tiny crescent, lots of little moons in my past, i'm following the link to see if financially viable.
b.