rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by rickenbackerkid »

PZ pre is pretty sweet. the 2x inputs, each with their own preamp makes it basically indispensable for a character like myself who ends up playing a couple of different instruments.
I have input 1 setup for my weissenborn and cello, both have passive peizos, and input 2 for acoustic guitar with an active LR Baggs. works a blimming treat.

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Current iteration:

Signal is into patchboard - compressor - es-5 - out to patchboard to Katana, then effects loop is back to the carbon copy via the patchboard.

Each of the drive pedals has its own loop in the es-5 and the expression pedal goes direct to the katana at this stage, can pass it through midi from the es-5. Changing patches on the Katana via midi via the es-5 as well.

Excuse the eb cables as ran out of my others...

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

ocd overload but i takes it it doesnt leave where it is currently stationed? All that overhang would be hard to fit into a hardcase :)

MattH
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by MattH »

SimonHirst wrote:We started tracking the new album a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been feeling like changing up my gain stage sounds a bit. Not something I do very often, but I’ve been looking at some options. I like about three pedals typically that give me light OD, heavier OD and a boost, and will often throw in a fuzz (as evidenced on my board) to give me a point of difference from the OD, and some interesting stacking combinations. Really enjoying the three pedals on the right which I might end up swapping to :thumbup: Might try and find another fuzz too.
Dibs on the mini vent? :)
All the gear... absolutely no idea...

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Kris wrote:ocd overload but i takes it it doesnt leave where it is currently stationed? All that overhang would be hard to fit into a hardcase :)
Yeah it does look a bit rough atm.
Doesnt go anywhere atm, havent tried to fit it in my soft case yet.
Might end up getting a bigger board too

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Post by Marshmallow »

Hey guys,

So I switched to Rockboard. I need to add a Mini Vent on the pedalboard. This will be a wet/dry setup I guess. I am now making the custom junction box for this board. A little bitchy trying to drill though stainless steel but got there anyway.

Junction Box details:. Input (buffer on/off)--> pedal out --- > from tuner to distortion pedals and then a split (buffered splitert) One signal to junction box to amp, and one signal to the modulation in stereo to stereo junction box with a mono switch to amp hence the 3 spare power supply under the board.

Was a nightmare to redesign the DC cables with one fixed length lol :lol:

Power supply is a vital audio Japan designed. Believe it or not, both just cost $120 each and all isolated. The bigger one has 6x 500ma output and 2x 800ma output with switchable voltage. Smaller one has 4x 300ma output and 1x 500ma output with switchable voltage(9/12/18v)

Enjoy.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

After a month or so of deciding what I was going to shuffle around or change I’ve got to this point. DD-7 swapped out for a Walrus Audio ARP-87, and my gain section changed. I’m using the same stacking idea as my last setup but with different pedals. Signal goes into the JHS Minifoot fuzz first up, then into the Prestige which I use to push the Cusack Screamer harder. I deliberately put the Cusack and Fuzz close together so I can essentially hit them both at once and swap between them with one stomp! EP Booster just for solos. I’ve talked to Tony about making me a small true bypass box so I can run the Mini Vent II last in it’s own loop and the actual pedal can be positioned under the tier :thumbup:
Also wondering about switching back to a sloped board after using tiered type setups for years. We’ll see...
Can’t say enough about the quality of these Creation boards though. Super well made and light as!
Attachments
CCDA7F10-C651-45BB-A6A7-20BC0791031E.jpeg
CCDA7F10-C651-45BB-A6A7-20BC0791031E.jpeg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 5080 times

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Marshmallow wrote:Hey guys,

So I switched to Rockboard. I need to add a Mini Vent on the pedalboard. This will be a wet/dry setup I guess. I am now making the custom junction box for this board. A little bitchy trying to drill though stainless steel but got there anyway.

Junction Box details:. Input (buffer on/off)--> pedal out --- > from tuner to distortion pedals and then a split (buffered splitert) One signal to junction box to amp, and one signal to the modulation in stereo to stereo junction box with a mono switch to amp hence the 3 spare power supply under the board.

Was a nightmare to redesign the DC cables with one fixed length lol :lol:

Power supply is a vital audio Japan designed. Believe it or not, both just cost $120 each and all isolated. The bigger one has 6x 500ma output and 2x 800ma output with switchable voltage. Smaller one has 4x 300ma output and 1x 500ma output with switchable voltage(9/12/18v)

Enjoy.

How tidy is that!!!
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

SimonHirst wrote:After a month or so of deciding what I was going to shuffle around or change I’ve got to this point. DD-7 swapped out for a Walrus Audio ARP-87, and my gain section changed. I’m using the same stacking idea as my last setup but with different pedals. Signal goes into the JHS Minifoot fuzz first up, then into the Prestige which I use to push the Cusack Screamer harder. I deliberately put the Cusack and Fuzz close together so I can essentially hit them both at once and swap between them with one stomp! EP Booster just for solos. I’ve talked to Tony about making me a small true bypass box so I can run the Mini Vent II last in it’s own loop and the actual pedal can be positioned under the tier :thumbup:
Also wondering about switching back to a sloped board after using tiered type setups for years. We’ll see...
Can’t say enough about the quality of these Creation boards though. Super well made and light as!

I'm kind of glad you got the hotcake off there... I was losing sleep worrying about something happening to it :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

SimonHirst wrote:I’ve talked to Tony about making me a small true bypass box so I can run the Mini Vent II last in it’s own loop and the actual pedal can be positioned under the tier
I've got a Keeley mini loop switcher you can have for $50 if you want.

GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

MakoGat
Squier
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by MakoGat »

Long time build, items from NZ, UK, USA, Australia, this is the underbelly...

MakoGat
Squier

Post by MakoGat »

Mostly Evidence Audio Solderless Cables - my fingers still hurt

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7694 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Aroused.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 929 times

Post by Reg18 »

MakoGat wrote:Long time build, items from NZ, UK, USA, Australia, this is the underbelly...

That’s an impressive setup! What sort of music do you play? Is the little Vox amp used to go direct without a cab?

MakoGat
Squier

Post by MakoGat »

Ive always wanted a setup that does it all for me, whenever, whatever, however - I play Tool, blues, ambient and rock and this allows me to expand to some pretty weird sounds too.
The small Vox amp is for practise as I have the small 8" 25W cab to go with it, the amp can also go into any other cab or direct. With some minimal changes in cable runs I can use the Loopi loop shifter to use through any other amp.
I wanted this thing versatile not only in regard to the effects but also setting up, one mains cable, guitar in through Loopi, one amp, cab or direct cable = done!
Board was made around components in mind, only issue, its pretty heavy HAHA.
Still some tidying up to do and pedal settings, LOVE the G2 in stomp box mode.