Boss Waza Air

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

OhFuxk
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Boss Waza Air

Post by OhFuxk »

anyone has tried it? this is probably my best bet to rebuild my relationship with neighbors :crazy:

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Boss Waza Air

Post by xCaptainx »

Pretty sure NZ stock will be here in March. I'm keen af to get one.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

That Pete Thorn guy tried them. He seemed to think they were pretty good :D

https://www.facebook.com/BossAustralia/ ... 390646488/
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by handsoffmatt »

Putting aside my obvious bias....

I just took some home the other day and they are one of the best musical things I have EVER bought. (I say "bought"...they're on my staff loan account....but they'll be on my credit card shortly)

They are far and away the best "at home" guitar playing experience I have had in 30 years of playing guitar. Unbelieveably awesome.
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

handsoffmatt wrote:Putting aside my obvious bias....

I just took some home the other day and they are one of the best musical things I have EVER bought. (I say "bought"...they're on my staff loan account....but they'll be on my credit card shortly)

They are far and away the best "at home" guitar playing experience I have had in 30 years of playing guitar. Unbelieveably awesome.
Awwwhhh I thought my MK2 head and Katana 2x12 were the best at home experience :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

jeremyb wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:Putting aside my obvious bias....

Awwwhhh I thought my MK2 head and Katana 2x12 were the best at home experience :mrgreen:
No they are the best "at home and giggable" experience. This is just the 'at home'.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

OhFuxk wrote:anyone has tried it? this is probably my best bet to rebuild my relationship with neighbors :crazy:
I say stuff the neighbours. :twisted:
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

Conway wrote:
OhFuxk wrote:anyone has tried it? this is probably my best bet to rebuild my relationship with neighbors :crazy:
Sage and onion?
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

OhFuxk
Ashton
Ashton

Post by OhFuxk »

Guess I'll have a happy neighbor in March. The is the one of the few gears you can't hear it on YouTube

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Delayman wrote:
Conway wrote:
Sage and onion?
Yeah, anything will do. Then put them on the spit roast.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

OhFuxk wrote:Guess I'll have a happy neighbor in March. The is the one of the few gears you can't hear it on YouTube

Watch this clip from around the 12min mark with headphones and close your eyes. They use a stereo mic system into each headphones to replicate the '360 audio' effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHEdKpu2o-g&t=752s

It's such a great concept. I've played with spatial audio with stereoscopic 360 video for a Virtual Reality headset stall our work had at WOMAD.

I'm so excited that a brands put this into the guitar/audio space as it's really bridging that gap between emulation and 'real world' by placing the virtual amp in a place near you, as opposed to sticking your ear directly against the cloth grill like what current headphone rigs are essentially doing.

So pumped for this. And yeah my kids and wife will be much happier with my late night noodlings haha.

OhFuxk
Ashton
Ashton

Post by OhFuxk »

xCaptainx wrote:
OhFuxk wrote:Guess I'll have a happy neighbor in March. The is the one of the few gears you can't hear it on YouTube

Watch this clip from around the 12min mark with headphones and close your eyes. They use a stereo mic system into each headphones to replicate the '360 audio' effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHEdKpu2o-g&t=752s

It's such a great concept. I've played with spatial audio with stereoscopic 360 video for a Virtual Reality headset stall our work had at WOMAD.

I'm so excited that a brands put this into the guitar/audio space as it's really bridging that gap between emulation and 'real world' by placing the virtual amp in a place near you, as opposed to sticking your ear directly against the cloth grill like what current headphone rigs are essentially doing.

So pumped for this. And yeah my kids and wife will be much happier with my late night noodlings haha.
Holy shit that sounds amazing! come take my money!

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

what's the likely retail going to be?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

AiRdAd wrote:what's the likely retail going to be?
Anderton's have them for about the same price as a Katana MK2 100W head, which the RS have for $749.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

bluesierra
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by bluesierra »

Had one of these delivered today just in time for the lockdown.

Only had a quick play but we are definitely living in the future. Great bit of gear. Can’t wait to dive a bit deeper.