Stolen (2013): Old Pine '52 Fender Telecaster (60th ann telebration)

Post your stolen goods lists here

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

El Chris
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Stolen (2013): Old Pine '52 Fender Telecaster (60th ann telebration)

Post by El Chris »

Every year or so I get a ping reminding me of a guitar I had a while back that got stolen. Wanted to put the feelers out for it again because It's only one of 300 made in the world, and probably 1 of 1 in NZ. It was stolen in Dec 2013. It's a Fender Telecaster Old Pine '52, (one of the 60th Anniversery Fender Telebration range). White Teles obviously aren't all that rare but this one has a white wash finish, is super light (pine) and a knot in the wood on the back. It also has a 60th anniversy neck plate. I still have the purchase papers w/ serial number (73784). Willing to pay a decent chunk of change for any information that leads to the return of this guitar. It was stolen in Petone.
Attachments
2013-12-07_10-25-20_tele3.jpg
2013-12-07_10-25-20_tele3.jpg (26.23 KiB) Viewed 14760 times
2013-12-07_10-25-19_tele2.jpg
2013-12-07_10-25-19_tele2.jpg (22.15 KiB) Viewed 14760 times
2013-12-07_10-25-17_tele1.jpg
2013-12-07_10-25-17_tele1.jpg (25.52 KiB) Viewed 14760 times

MattH
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 78 times

Re: Stolen (2013): Old Pine '52 Fender Telecaster (60th ann telebration)

Post by MattH »

Really sorry to read this.

There’s a special place in hell for rapists, racists and people who steal such obviously loved instruments.
All the gear... absolutely no idea...

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Good luck and good on you for not giving up.

If it's changed hands in good faith a few times since then, will you still be able to get it back? Legally speaking I mean.

MattH
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by MattH »

Molly wrote:Good luck and good on you for not giving up.

If it's changed hands in good faith a few times since then, will you still be able to get it back? Legally speaking I mean.
Yup. Stolen goods are stolen goods.
All the gear... absolutely no idea...

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Molly wrote:Good luck and good on you for not giving up.

I think it is still "receiving stolen goods" but it isn't a clear cut case of "give him back his guitar" ... courts will be involved

OP did you put in an insurance claim when it was stolen?
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

El Chris
Squier

Post by El Chris »

Yeah I did put in an insurance claim for some of the stuff that was stolen - probably about 5k worth of gear? pedals, leads, power supplies, police radar, breathalyzer, but the big ticket item was the guitar. They paid out fuck all. All reported to police and on file and I still have the original receipt

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

El Chris wrote:Yeah I did put in an insurance claim for some of the stuff that was stolen - probably about 5k worth of gear? pedals, leads, power supplies, police radar, breathalyzer, but the big ticket item was the guitar. They paid out fuck all. All reported to police and on file and I still have the original receipt
I think if you’ve been paid out insurance, the guitar is not automatically yours if you do locate it. It belongs to the insurance company but they might let you buy it back at the value they paid you out. Not 100%

I also keep and eye out for a couple of distinctive things I had stolen. But it’s been so long that I’m sure the current owner has noting to do with the theft.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

Jake
Gibson
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by Jake »

Delayman wrote:
El Chris wrote:Yeah I did put in an insurance claim for some of the stuff that was stolen - probably about 5k worth of gear? pedals, leads, power supplies, police radar, breathalyzer, but the big ticket item was the guitar. They paid out fuck all. All reported to police and on file and I still have the original receipt
I think if you’ve been paid out insurance, the guitar is not automatically yours if you do locate it. It belongs to the insurance company but they might let you buy it back at the value they paid you out. Not 100%

I also keep and eye out for a couple of distinctive things I had stolen. But it’s been so long that I’m sure the current owner has noting to do with the theft.
A friend of mine had a Goldtop stolen, was paid out by insurance. About 8 years later managed to locate it and got it back once he reported it to the police, didn’t have to pay a cent. Not sure what the standard is though

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

Jake wrote:
Delayman wrote:

A friend of mine had a Goldtop stolen, was paid out by insurance. About 8 years later managed to locate it and got it back once he reported it to the police, didn’t have to pay a cent. Not sure what the standard is though
Yep - I did a bit of a google and it seems to vary. Sometimes the insurance companies let you keep it as a windfall, sometimes they auction things to recover funds, or make you repay the claimed amount. That was a lot of overseas stuff though.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Delayman wrote:
Jake wrote:
Delayman wrote:

Yep - I did a bit of a google and it seems to vary. Sometimes the insurance companies let you keep it as a windfall, sometimes they auction things to recover funds, or make you repay the claimed amount. That was a lot of overseas stuff though.
yeah it seems to be very inconsistent ... legally the insurance company now owns all the gear that has been paid out for and then later recovered...but given it has been 7 years who knows what attitude the insurer would take. Hopefully he gets the chance to find out

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

I suppose the right thing would be to offer it back to the original owner in case there's sentimental value but they could just as easily flick it down to Turners.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

I purchased a dreamy goodsell super17 mkIi a few years ago, turned out it was stolen. I took it to the police, and wept a little bit
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

El Chris
Squier

Post by El Chris »

Seems a bit bullshit because insurance didnt even cover the cost of the guitar (4k), let alone the cost of the pedals and otehr gear I had to replace...

mugamee
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by mugamee »

El Chris wrote:Seems a bit bullshit because insurance didnt even cover the cost of the guitar (4k), let alone the cost of the pedals and otehr gear I had to replace...
What insurance company was this? So we can avoid :)
Fuzz Face Forever...
Get in touch with me via Instagram: mugvug_and_ollie

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

El Chris wrote:Seems a bit bullshit because insurance didnt even cover the cost of the guitar (4k), let alone the cost of the pedals and otehr gear I had to replace...
So your content insurance was Indemnity cover not Replacement?