2020 family shot

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: 2020 family shot

Post by Bg »

I actually achieved a multi-shot the other day, but was so elated that I never got round to taking pics of my guitars!!! I was spent.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

StratMatt wrote:
hamo wrote:Now I've got my Charvel and Katana I'm pretty set, but if like to sell the pirate and the Valveking and get one ok lp shape guitar. I don't think I'll ever be attending Gibson money, but I'd be happy with any of:
ESP Eclipse or high end LTD
PRS Tremonti SE (rather have the real thing, but this will do)
Charvel Desolation LP shape with the SD Blackouts
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Epiphone Zakk Wylde custom

One day...
What is "the pirate"?
I bought a Pirates of the Caribbean themed Epiphone about ten years ago. It suited my personality, I'm a sucker for stuff like that, and it is done really well, but at the end of the day it's still an Epiphone LP Studio. I upgraded the pickups and selector switch, but it just doesn't float my boat anymore.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Bg wrote:I actually achieved a multi-shot the other day, but was so elated that I never got round to taking pics of my guitars!!! I was spent.
quite the achievement at your age :) :moresarc: .... I struggle to try and do it
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

hamo wrote: I bought a Pirates of the Caribbean themed Epiphone about ten years ago. It suited my personality, I'm a sucker for stuff like that, and it is done really well, but at the end of the day it's still an Epiphone LP Studio. I upgraded the pickups and selector switch, but it just doesn't float my boat anymore.
I was working a the RS when those were released. Hated them at the time, but looking back they are actually kinda cool (in a kitschy sort of way).
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

Cdog wrote:
Voxshall wrote:
I'm pretty happy with my lot at the moment and pretty happy with owning less and less guitars these days, so if I buy a new one I'll sell a current one to make room. This means one day selling my LPB strat and Lee Riternour sig semi to make room for a pre 54 J-45 and a vintage 335 before they went to the narrow neck, I'll have to plan a trip to the states to make this happen though as I want to find really great sounding examples. Unless any of you fine gentleman want to help me out with a vintage gibson or two.
Lovely shot. That a Jimmy Page LP?
The Les Paul belonged to my guitar teacher I used to look up to as a 12 year old, I dreamt of one day owning that guitar for the longest time, I'd ask him to sell it to me more times than I could count but it was his favourite guitar, and he had lots of great ones, he would offer to sell me other guitars in his collection, but it was always this Les Paul that would haunt me. The day I finally brought off him was a great day, it's just a 1992 Les Paul std nothing special but I've compared it to many R9 and I'm pretty convinced now that it is one of those guitars I just don't need to upgrade, I love it so much, had it 20 years now and it has the best neck of any guitar over an inch thick at the bottom .860 thick at the 1st fret but because it's super thin at the nut it feels much thinner than it actually is. The pickups are Stephen design PAF repros.

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

codedog wrote:
Voxshall wrote:Image

I'm pretty happy with my lot at the moment and pretty happy with owning less and less guitars these days, so if I buy a new one I'll sell a current one to make room. This means one day selling my LPB strat and Lee Riternour sig semi to make room for a pre 54 J-45 and a vintage 335 before they went to the narrow neck, I'll have to plan a trip to the states to make this happen though as I want to find really great sounding examples. Unless any of you fine gentleman want to help me out with a vintage gibson or two.
Great collection! Is that an ex-Danny (I think?) O series Lowden?
It is a Lowden O25 but it isn't Danny's old one, this guitar has been with me since around 2007 I think, an Aucklander purchased it while living in England and I got it off him, it was like brand new when I got it because he didn't really play guitar other than having an intention to play, the guitar is pretty well used now though, sounds great, especially with John Pearse strings.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

robthemac wrote:
hamo wrote: I bought a Pirates of the Caribbean themed Epiphone about ten years ago. It suited my personality, I'm a sucker for stuff like that, and it is done really well, but at the end of the day it's still an Epiphone LP Studio. I upgraded the pickups and selector switch, but it just doesn't float my boat anymore.
I was working a the RS when those were released. Hated them at the time, but looking back they are actually kinda cool (in a kitschy sort of way).
I definitely have a kitschy streak, but it's not going too help me with resale. :( Never really expected I'd want to sell it later on.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

hamo wrote:
I definitely have a kitschy streak, but it's not going too help me with resale. :( Never really expected I'd want to sell it later on.
Have you thought about doing a basic respray of the top? Pretty simple thing to do yourself with a lot of work involved

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

willow13 wrote:
hamo wrote:
Have you thought about doing a basic respray of the top? Pretty simple thing to do yourself with a lot of work involved
I'm all thumbs with anything practical, plus I'd feel weird doing it to something that's still in pretty immaculate condition. Might just float it and see who else has a novelty streak...

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

hamo wrote:
willow13 wrote:
hamo wrote:
I'm all thumbs with anything practical, plus I'd feel weird doing it to something that's still in pretty immaculate condition. Might just float it and see who else has a novelty streak...
swaps for a 7 string :?: :think: :shifty:

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

willow13 wrote:
hamo wrote:
willow13 wrote:
Hmm, what is it?

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

hamo wrote: I'm all thumbs with anything practical, plus I'd feel weird doing it to something that's still in pretty immaculate condition. .
Maybe put a wrap on the top? Its something that's easily reversible. :)

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

hamo wrote:
willow13 wrote:
hamo wrote:
Hmm, what is it?
sterling JP70 in green ... posted photos on here somewhere 4 or so months ago

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

willow13 wrote:
hamo wrote:
willow13 wrote:
Hmm, what is it?
Had a search but couldn't find the pics.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

hamo wrote:
willow13 wrote:
hamo wrote:
Hmm, what is it?
Had a search but couldn't find the pics.
Doesn't matter, do it!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.