EVM12L Speaker "SOLD!"

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2481 times

Re: EVM12L Speaker

Post by Slowy »

griff7628 wrote:
Slowy wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Yarrr a thiele cab with an EVM12L was my first choice for a cab for the katana, but the speaker alone was soooo expensive I got put off :(
Make me an offer. :D
Trade you for a Celestion Mesa Black Shadow? Which is essentially a Classic Lead 80
Thanks Griff, but no. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Voxshall wrote:I could be interested in buying the speaker and getting a thiele cab made, is it 8 ohm, how much is the speaker, and how much to get the cab made?
It's currently under option for just this purpose. I'll let you know if it becomes available.

Problem is, I now fear I'm missing out! :wtf: :roll:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1633 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Slowy wrote:
Voxshall wrote:I could be interested in buying the speaker and getting a thiele cab made, is it 8 ohm, how much is the speaker, and how much to get the cab made?
It's currently under option for just this purpose. I'll let you know if it becomes available.

You will be if we don't try it on the Jansen 4/12 first :think:
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by H671 »

Just to confuse the issue, I've just sold my Fender Excelsior with its original speaker, so still have the JBL E130 which was in it. It will be be up for sale when I get back from China in January.
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

Slowy wrote:

FOMO huh? Very Millenial!
Tin arse!!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Terexgeek wrote:
Slowy wrote:

I suffer from Temporal Confusion.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2262 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
Slowy wrote: It's currently under option for just this purpose. I'll let you know if it becomes available.

I suffer from Temporal Confusion.
ok, boomer
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 380 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Slowy wrote:
You owe it to yourself to have the Electrovoice experience. They really are rather special and in a Thiele with the right amp potentially spectacular. In a way it's a shame the cab is so small as it does tend to look rather ridiculous under most heads.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Dharmajester wrote:
Slowy wrote:
You owe it to yourself to have the Electrovoice experience. They really are rather special and in a Thiele with the right amp potentially spectacular. In a way it's a shame the cab is so small as it does tend to look rather ridiculous under most heads.
From what I read, they are especially good in Deluxe Reverbs. An amp I've long wanted but will never own. Truth is, a 12watt Jansen and a Celestion Blue provide all the volume and tone I ever need.