Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

bender
Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by bender »

I just got a Bias Mini Head to use as a lightweight gigging option. Planning to go direct to PA when we have a soundie. Possibly could have gone Katana, but I really like the bias software and this one came up on Trademe at a no brainer price. I had been experimenting with a Sansamp Blonde and a Mooer Day Tripper with pretty good results- this just seemed like a logical step.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

bender wrote:I just got a Bias Mini Head to use as a lightweight gigging option. Planning to go direct to PA when we have a soundie. Possibly could have gone Katana, but I really like the bias software and this one came up on Trademe at a no brainer price. I had been experimenting with a Sansamp Blonde and a Mooer Day Tripper with pretty good results- this just seemed like a logical step.
Ohhh didn't know they did a mini head.
But I'm quite far out of touch and have no Gas, I don't even look at trademe for weeks at a time. I'm a traitor to my kind.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

slash-ed wrote:
rickenbackerkid wrote:<snip>. Distortions are awful and unusable ;-p

The drive sounds are my favourite thing about Katanas!! What kind of sound are you trying to get, maybe we can help? :)
Low gain single coil overdrive vibes. All the gain preamps seem to have a really hyped upper mid and treble. That being said, I haven't had more than 30 minutes to tweak. I suspect that I might be better off with a clean preamp model and one of the modelled OD pedals

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Bg wrote:
bender wrote:I just got a Bias Mini Head to use as a lightweight gigging option. Planning to go direct to PA when we have a soundie. Possibly could have gone Katana, but I really like the bias software and this one came up on Trademe at a no brainer price. I had been experimenting with a Sansamp Blonde and a Mooer Day Tripper with pretty good results- this just seemed like a logical step.
Ohhh didn't know they did a mini head.
But I'm quite far out of touch and have no Gas, I don't even look at trademe for weeks at a time. I'm a traitor to my kind.
Banned
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

rickenbackerkid wrote:
slash-ed wrote:
rickenbackerkid wrote:<snip>. Distortions are awful and unusable ;-p

The drive sounds are my favourite thing about Katanas!! What kind of sound are you trying to get, maybe we can help? :)
Low gain single coil overdrive vibes. All the gain preamps seem to have a really hyped upper mid and treble. That being said, I haven't had more than 30 minutes to tweak. I suspect that I might be better off with a clean preamp model and one of the modelled OD pedals
How are you setting your EQ? Are you using the Crunch channel?
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Let us know how you get on, they look cool. They have got a new product called 'Spark' I wonder how that compares to it
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

In the mail? The wife and kids. I came on ahead to get stuff ready and have missed them like f'k. Well, they'll be setting off tomorrow. :-)

Got a new trampoline as a wee surprise and assembled a bunk bed / desk thing for my boy. Looks cool as with his toys arranged. Want to find a nice reading chair for my daughter and reupholster her headboard now she's grown out of pink. That's tomorrow then. :-)

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

AiRdAd wrote:
Let us know how you get on, they look cool. They have got a new product called 'Spark' I wonder how that compares to it
Really like it so far! Playing it at a gig tonight. If you like the sound of Bias Amp 2 software, then you’ll like the amp.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

Got one of these on the way.

I’ve been nerding about this fella for a while. Really looking forward to doing bass synth tones.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Not in the mail but picked this up from Ed on Saturday afternoon. ESP Eclipse. Something of a special run sold in Australia. Full thickness body, double bound, 4 knobs, Kluson tuners with the 59/JB pickup combo. Cool as.

Loving it so far

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

I bought a small pedal board Friday to clean up pedals randomly on the floor, so decided to try a fuzz pedal, never tried one before so this is in the mail. Anyone tried one?

ImageDunedin Devil by Laurie Franks, on Flickr

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

StratMatt wrote:Not in the mail but picked this up from Ed on Saturday afternoon. ESP Eclipse. Something of a special run sold in Australia. Full thickness body, double bound, 4 knobs, Kluson tuners with the 59/JB pickup combo. Cool as.

That's hot
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Those ESP’s are awesome, I had an EC256 for a while and you get a lot of guitar for your $$!

Mattress5
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Mattress5 »

Martin OM-28 incoming.
Much love for acoustics on the forum?

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Mattress5 wrote:Martin OM-28 incoming.
Much love for acoustics on the forum?
There sure is. Definately a few refined chaps here and personally, I love me a nice Martin.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.