jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by jeremyb »

hamo wrote:
Olderama wrote:Got $600 burning a hole and it was for a katana but I can’t wait lol
Anyone selling owt?
Buy my Valveking? I need the money for a Katana. :mrgreen:

Although after willow's post in another thread I'm almost keen to keep it for stereo shenanigans.
What have you got cab wise at the moment? Pretty easy to modify a 2x12 or 4x12 for stereo if they're not already setup for it :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote:
hamo wrote:
Olderama wrote:Got $600 burning a hole and it was for a katana but I can’t wait lol
Anyone selling owt?
Buy my Valveking? I need the money for a Katana. :mrgreen:

Although after willow's post in another thread I'm almost keen to keep it for stereo shenanigans.
What have you got cab wise at the moment? Pretty easy to modify a 2x12 or 4x12 for stereo if they're not already setup for it :)
I've got a 4x12, not sure I'll be monkeying around with it given my complete noobness, but I still have a 1x12 too, so could work something that way. Still, need the extra head first! (oo-er vicar etc)
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

I need some mayo in my life

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I'm gassing for a 12 string electric. There are 3-4 songs in our Springsteen show that should be played on a 12 but I don't have one! Of course I want a Ric, but I've been looking at other options. I'm considering a Dano 12 as I like the sound and they are pretty affordable, although to be honest they are still very expensive for what they are and their build quality.

I'm also trying to gas for an analog pedalboard, but the more I think about it, the more I can't be bothered. I'd need probably roughly 9-10 pedals, which them means a bigish pedal board, big power supply, lots of patch cables, etc . . . and my one pedal solution sounds just fine

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

KNNZ wrote:I need some mayo in my life

What is that? Don’t recognise the brand on the headstock

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
KNNZ wrote:I need some mayo in my life
What is that? Don’t recognise the brand on the headstock
Mayones guitars... Polish builders, I think?

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

hamo wrote:
have just seen this .... DO IT :rofl: .... actually why you are at it mod your Valveking with the R100 mod. It totally brings the "boost" gain to life
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

rickenbackerkid wrote:I'm gassing for a 12 string electric. There are 3-4 songs in our Springsteen show that should be played on a 12 but I don't have one! Of course I want a Ric, but I've been looking at other options. I'm considering a Dano 12 as I like the sound and they are pretty affordable, although to be honest they are still very expensive for what they are and their build quality.
I had a Maton 12 String for a while and it was really great! They can be found for reasonable money every so often. I like the sound of my Strat XII a little bit more, but the Maton was easier to play :thumbup: Certainly wouldn’t hesitate on getting another Maton if something happened to my Strat XII.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

SimonHirst wrote:
rickenbackerkid wrote:I'm gassing for a 12 string electric. There are 3-4 songs in our Springsteen show that should be played on a 12 but I don't have one! Of course I want a Ric, but I've been looking at other options. I'm considering a Dano 12 as I like the sound and they are pretty affordable, although to be honest they are still very expensive for what they are and their build quality.
I had a Maton 12 String for a while and it was really great! They can be found for reasonable money every so often. I like the sound of my Strat XII a little bit more, but the Maton was easier to play :thumbup: Certainly wouldn’t hesitate on getting another Maton if something happened to my Strat XII.
I can't google it at the moment but, I seem to recall the headstock of a Strat XII looked really limp, sad, and a little disturbing. Is that the one you have?

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1040 times

Post by kdawg2a »

codedog wrote:
SimonHirst wrote:
I can't google it at the moment but, I seem to recall the headstock of a Strat XII looked really limp, sad, and a little disturbing. Is that the one you have?
It would be pretty cool if Fender or Squire re-issued the original Fender XII. I'd be into that.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

This is the headstock I was talking about... it seems to not be on the Strat version...

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1040 times

Post by kdawg2a »

kdawg2a wrote:
codedog wrote:
SimonHirst wrote:
It would be pretty cool if Fender or Squire re-issued the original Fender XII. I'd be into that.
Just checked, they have re-issued it!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

codedog wrote:
SimonHirst wrote:
Ha! I know the ones...
No mine is the reissue one which is just kind of straight :thumbup: They reissued them in the early 2000’s which is when mine is from, although they’re still not super easy to get a hold of interestingly so I’m not sure how long the run lasted.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Already thinking what my next guitar should be. Narrowed it down to a 335 (or something of similar ilk), Tele or a PRS

Probably more importantly I want a reasonable smallish non-valve amp, just for practice really. Hard to look past the Katana MkII despite me not overly digging the MkI. Other than than if a Marshall MG50CFX combo came up locally I’d probably take that; I had the 100w combo and it was actually very good

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Already thinking what my next guitar should be. Narrowed it down to a 335 (or something of similar ilk), Tele or a PRS

Probably more importantly I want a reasonable smallish non-valve amp, just for practice really. Hard to look past the Katana MkII despite me not overly digging the MkI. Other than than if a Marshall MG50CFX combo came up locally I’d probably take that; I had the 100w combo and it was actually very good
Katana 50W is an amazing practice amp, can help you dial in some tones if you get one :thumbup:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.