All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY KNNZ
GrantB wrote:My Custom...subtle aging looking good. The Twisted Tele pickups do sound great.

OMG Grant that is NSFW
BY AiRdAd
GrantB wrote:My Custom...subtle aging looking good. The Twisted Tele pickups do sound great.

Thanks for looking after this one for me Grant :-)
BY Molly
jeremyb wrote:Have you tried something less stratty in the bridge?

I made the same observation with my Baja. Especially the neck I think. Planning something Nocastery in the future.
BY GrantB

The bridge is super hot...like a Broadcaster type thing. Not really Stratty at all? The neck is very strat like tho...
BY smallface
Here's my Custom Telecaster MIJ 95 :-)

IMG_20191028_130804.jpg
IMG_20191028_130804.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 400 times
BY smallface
And whilst it's not a Tele, the neck is very much so :-)

IMG_20191028_130730.jpg
IMG_20191028_130730.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 394 times
BY jeremyb
GrantB wrote:

The bridge is super hot...like a Broadcaster type thing. Not really Stratty at all? The neck is very strat like tho...

Interesting!! I have the broadcaster / twisted Tele combo in mine and it tends to shock people how much grunt it's got!! I've not played the twisted Tele bridge but assumed it would be more like a strat bridge, good to hear it's not! The neck one is great though, love that tone :)
BY codedog
jeremyb wrote:
GrantB wrote:

Interesting!! I have the broadcaster / twisted Tele combo in mine and it tends to shock people how much grunt it's got!! I've not played the twisted Tele bridge but assumed it would be more like a strat bridge, good to hear it's not! The neck one is great though, love that tone :)

If you haven't, I reckon check out Danish Pete's pickup set. It's based on his purple Tele's pickups, which, I think, is a twisted neck and nocaster bridge combo.

https://www.montysguitars.com/products/ ... caster-set
BY Dharmajester
Originally a two tone sunburst ( avri ) The finish was as thick as a 50's formica table covering, came to life once it was removed.
Thin nitro arctic white spray which is sinking nicely intothe grain of the swamp ash.
Attachments
back.jpg
back.jpg (317.92 KiB) Viewed 294 times
front.jpg
front.jpg (286.16 KiB) Viewed 294 times
BY robthemac
Dharmajester wrote:Originally a two tone sunburst ( avri ) The finish was as thick as a 50's formica table covering, came to life once it was removed.
Thin nitro arctic white spray which is sinking nicely intothe grain of the swamp ash.

Nice! Did you spray the nitro?
BY Dharmajester
robthemac wrote:
Nice! Did you spray the nitro?

No, I stripped the body with a heatgun, took the varnish off the back of the neck with Naptha then had local Luthier Steve Barkman spray the Nitro which I then rubbed down a bit to take some of the shine off with more Naptha.
BY Kev77
My radian thinline. Still love this guitar, and it’s my only electric now. All parts V neck and pups by Adrian.

BY Bg
My blackwood telecaster, body wood courtesy of Adrian. Neck is an SX that is a favourite of mine. Refretted, bone nut and generally buggered around with....
Attachments
telecaster2.png
telecaster2.png (12.26 MiB) Viewed 487 times