Finalising my pedalboard...

Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Finalising my pedalboard...

Post by Mini Forklift »

Hey all,

Pedalboard has undergone a few big changes lately, but I'm finally happy with my sound and really happy with the tonal options on-tap. Pretty much done with the exception of two final pedals - one due in later this week and the other due early September. Will post up a final photo once it's fully completed

Thanks to Darth Sabbathi for the Small Stone that arrived this morning :thumbup:

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Re: Finalising my pedalboard...

Post by Single coil »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:final pedals [...] completed
Hmm, nope :lol:
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Jellybelly
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Jellybelly »

The last two are...................?

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Have been OCD’ing over my core sound and the effects I want for a good few months. Stupid small stuff like switching the Snouse from 9v to 12v, it’s a bloody rabbit hole for sure. Even ended up standing at the gates of the digital world recently, much like Reg. But I am fairly certain that I wouldn’t get the same satisfaction from a digital rig, plus I have had both a Katana 100w combo and a Mooer GE200 and neither really did it for me.

Out of curiosity I spent some time this afternoon dialing in the phaser on the Boss ME-500. Was definitely in the same ballpark and TBH wasn’t far off at all, but it didn’t quite have the warmth and fullness that the Small Stone had. Units like the Helix, Kemper et al still interest me, but I think I can say now that I’ll likely never use one as my go-to rig. At least I can live vicariously through Molly and Reg haha

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Jellybelly wrote:The last two are...................?
1) A fairly early Lovepedal Karl fuzz. One of the 2 knob versions hand built by Sean with some of the inners ’glooped’ a’la Dumble

2) 1970's Jen Crybaby Super (Made in Italy) Wah Pedal

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

“1970’s model, made In Italy. A real classic and iconic pedal that features the seldom seen Orange Fasel inductor. Seems to be all original on the circuit, switch and DC clip were replaced and it's now running on True Bypass. Great working class option with vintage vibes”

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Single coil wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:final pedals [...] completed
Hmm, nope :lol:
Haha. Well TBH if there’s one thing that gets switched out at some point it will be the Volante

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Lovely board! Although I'm still besotted with my DIG, the Volante beckons :)

How are you powering the board?

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

MogwaiBoy wrote:Lovely board! Although I'm still besotted with my DIG, the Volante beckons :)

How are you powering the board?
Thanks. All individually powered at the moment, I’ll run the wah on battery though. Probably should buy a power bank at some point

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

No Treble Booster, no cloned Klon, no Hotcake, No Screamer clone, No Rat...I like what I see, but it seems...incomplete even with Fuzz and Wah included???
Tin arse!!

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Terexgeek wrote:No Treble Booster, no cloned Klon, no Hotcake, No Screamer clone, No Rat...I like what I see, but it seems...incomplete even with Fuzz and Wah included???
Some good points. Only thing I’m thinking of adding is a Line 6 HX, just saw NZRS have dropped them down to $999

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Okay... so as alluded to earlier in the thread the Volante has been swapped out in favour of a late 1970's HH Electronics Multi-Echo Tape Delay. Same model as this one:

https://reverb.com/au/item/4156153-hh-h ... ack-silver

Wondering whether to order a long or short tape loop for it, any suggestions?

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Here's where we're at before the tape delay unit & wah :)

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

I'm done... for now anyhow. Here's what I have ended up with, not pictured is the delay(s).

Hopefully should get my tape echo unit back from being repaired this week, aside from that one I am running an early 90's Maxon AD80 analog delay which sits last in the chain :thumbup:

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:I'm done... for now anyhow. Here's what I have ended up with, not pictured is the delay(s).

Hopefully should get my tape echo unit back from being repaired this week, aside from that one I am running an early 90's Maxon AD80 analog delay which sits last in the chain :thumbup:
Lookin good. Any word what the main problem was with the echo?
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..