Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: Low key acoustic get together?

Post by Jay »

I think it is necessary to have a strong coffee first before posting... you are also expecting too much of us NoB... we only played 2 chord songs like horse with no name, tennessee whiskey, and some stuff that didn' even have chords. :D
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

jvpp wrote:I think it is necessary to have a strong coffee first before posting... you are also expecting too much of us NoB... we only played 2 chord songs like horse with no name, tennessee whiskey, and some stuff that didn' even have chords. :D
Possibly a little too strong a coffee? Please tell me you played the traditional gearfest Bluesinay? Or maybe the equally popular Bluesinee?
Tin arse!!

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Slowy wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:
sty wrote:Looks like a great time was had.

I've always loved the safe and comfortable environment to see and try some great gear without the pressure of a sales situation.
You haven't been to a greafest with me then!!! hahahaaha!!!
True. To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.
Gold!!!! - my new signature!!! :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Actually, I was joking, hence the smiley face. And more directed at us than you guys, since one of our number had to be physically restrained a couple of times from turning on his amp! I think it is fantastic that the forum has people who play acoustic and want to meet up. It does not matter one jot who did it first, or what the rules are, or who served food.

Of course I read about your gearfest thread, and with jealousy too. If you go back and read it, you will see that Slowy and I were keen to join you.

Clearly, I need to work on my jokes...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Terexgeek wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Terexgeek wrote: Um Oleg, Christchurch did it first, remember?
Maybe for your generation, you Cantabrians were the first people ever to think of having a guitarist gathering without amplifiers. But in my generation, we called that a folk club :-)
It was more that you were lecturing us on how to hold an acoustic get together, when we had just had one.
It read like:
1. You hadn't read any of our Christchurch Gearfest threads, maybe because it was South of the Bombays.
2. You felt somehow we weren't capable of putting together such a complicated event, maybe because we're Sth of Bmbys.
3. You felt we didn't GET the ACOUSTIC part of the title, maybe because we're SoB.
4. You missed that when Christchurch wants to do a Gearfest, we just do it and it's done with more attendees before Auckland's even checked the calendar to see if something else is happening that weekend.
But by all means, if you wish to inflate the discussion to how you were strumming songs with 3 cowboy chords to dark rimmed be-spectacled nerds in itchy turtle neck jerseys while drinking piss weak coffee in folk clubs before I was even a dirty thought, go for it! It wasn't part of my critique so I don't care. I've had to put up with my Dad droning on about how nothing matches those days and how IMPORTANT songs like Tom Dooley are and us kids just don't know HOW LUCKY we are.... :moresarc:
Just hold on there Cochise.... you mean there is a country beyond the Bombays???

So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

Bg wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Maybe for your generation, you Cantabrians were the first people ever to think of having a guitarist gathering without amplifiers. But in my generation, we called that a folk club :-)
It was more that you were lecturing us on how to hold an acoustic get together, when we had just had one.
It read like:
1. You hadn't read any of our Christchurch Gearfest threads, maybe because it was South of the Bombays.
2. You felt somehow we weren't capable of putting together such a complicated event, maybe because we're Sth of Bmbys.
3. You felt we didn't GET the ACOUSTIC part of the title, maybe because we're SoB.
4. You missed that when Christchurch wants to do a Gearfest, we just do it and it's done with more attendees before Auckland's even checked the calendar to see if something else is happening that weekend.
But by all means, if you wish to inflate the discussion to how you were strumming songs with 3 cowboy chords to dark rimmed be-spectacled nerds in itchy turtle neck jerseys while drinking piss weak coffee in folk clubs before I was even a dirty thought, go for it! It wasn't part of my critique so I don't care. I've had to put up with my Dad droning on about how nothing matches those days and how IMPORTANT songs like Tom Dooley are and us kids just don't know HOW LUCKY we are.... :moresarc:
Just hold on there Cochise.... you mean there is a country beyond the Bombays???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVH7uBzQX7I
Tin arse!!

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

You acoustic guys sure are an angry bunch. Maybe plug into an amp with some gain to release the tension once in a while?
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

olegmcnoleg wrote:Actually, I was joking, hence the smiley face. And more directed at us than you guys, since one of our number had to be physically restrained a couple of times from turning on his amp! I think it is fantastic that the forum has people who play acoustic and want to meet up. It does not matter one jot who did it first, or what the rules are, or who served food.

Of course I read about your gearfest thread, and with jealousy too. If you go back and read it, you will see that Slowy and I were keen to join you.

I would like to apologise for a lack of sense of humour and apologise for flying off the handle in an unnecessary and grumpy fashion.
Tin arse!!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Terexgeek wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:Actually, I was joking, hence the smiley face. And more directed at us than you guys, since one of our number had to be physically restrained a couple of times from turning on his amp! I think it is fantastic that the forum has people who play acoustic and want to meet up. It does not matter one jot who did it first, or what the rules are, or who served food.

I would like to apologise for a lack of sense of humour and apologise for flying off the handle in an unnecessary and grumpy fashion.
Great. There’s another perfectly good flame war gone to waste. What does a man have to do to start a brawl around here?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Slowy wrote:What does a man have to do to start a brawl around here?
I dunno... make a snarky comment about blue guitars perhaps?
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Danger Mouse wrote:You acoustic guys sure are an angry bunch. Maybe plug into an amp with some gain to release the tension once in a while?
Given all the grey hairs I think an amp might finish them off!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:You acoustic guys sure are an angry bunch. Maybe plug into an amp with some gain to release the tension once in a while?
Actually, each of us has many amps.
And none of us is finished yet. :moresarc:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Slowy wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Actually, each of us has many amps.
And none of us is finished yet. :moresarc:
Danger Mouse (in his best Aussie drawl) "You call that an amp...? (whips Greenstone out from his jacket)... This is an amp!"