Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 364 times

Re: YouTube goodness

Post by MiniForklift »

That’s a blast from the past! From memory my first computer was a Commodore 64 and then I upgraded *cough* to a Sinclair Spectrum 128k. Ah the good old days, where you had to play the entirety of a cassette just to load a game that would ultimately fail to load
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

Speakos
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Speakos »

Something nice if you're having a bit of a moan-day morning.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3481 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Clever. Ghetto rig + chops = Tone. :clap:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Post by jhyang549 »

I can't remember the amount of hours I spent on this game when I was a teenager. Really nice guitar work here from composer Matt Uelmen.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »

Cdog wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:10 pm
Clever. Ghetto rig + chops = Tone. :clap:
Wow !!!! That dude nails Yngwie. The GE-7 & Guv-nor have both been on my board for ages, maybe I need to start fiddling with the knobs rather than 'set and forget' cos I sure as hell don't sound anything like that

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Cdog »

MiniForklift wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:35 pm Wow !!!! That dude nails Yngwie. The GE-7 & Guv-nor have both been on my board for ages, maybe I need to start fiddling with the knobs rather than 'set and forget' cos I sure as hell don't sound anything like that
Crazy, right? And I defintely don't sound like that either. :lol:
I have a GE7 in the post, lookin forward to some fader twiddling

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:18 pm
Hahahaha that was great and pretty damn funny to boot! It's true though, the technique of bedroom players nowadays is crazy no doubt thanks to YouTube and the numerous other resources out there. Back in my day I remember having to keep rewinding the cassette tape or VHS to learn a solo :lol:

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »

Cdog wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:40 pm Crazy, right? And I defintely don't sound like that either. :lol:
It's an awesome pedal. I was unconvinced at first, my Dad gave me his old one when I visited the UK a few years back. It had beer spilt all over it at a gig and stopped working so he bought another, but after years of it sitting it in a drawer he plugged it back in and it worked again lol. I use mine as a mostly-clean boost

Is the one you have coming one of the older ones or a new one? Mine is mid 80's from memory, although mine is quiet supposedly a lot of the older ones can be a bit noisy

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Cdog »

jhyang549 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:19 pm

I can't remember the amount of hours I spent on this game when I was a teenager. Really nice guitar work here from composer Matt Uelmen.
Video game soundtracks can be astonishingly good. I can relate, that music can be forever etched in a teen's developing brain haha. I only dabbled in a diabolo demo, but my fave game soundtrack was from Tenchu:Stealth Assasins on PS1. Bought the album on itunes a few years ago. So I can relive my virtual ninja days :lol:

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Cdog »

MiniForklift wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:57 pm
Cdog wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:40 pm Crazy, right? And I defintely don't sound like that either. :lol:
It's an awesome pedal. I was unconvinced at first, my Dad gave me his old one when I visited the UK a few years back. It had beer spilt all over it at a gig and stopped working so he bought another, but after years of it sitting it in a drawer he plugged it back in and it worked again lol. I use mine as a mostly-clean boost

Is the one you have coming one of the older ones or a new one? Mine is mid 80's from memory, although mine is quiet supposedly a lot of the older ones can be a bit noisy
Thats a cool hand me down! 8)
I've been totally ignorant abiut the GE7 until a recent GAS episode. Cant wait to have a play. This one is about 5 years old, from the RS. Possibly lacking mojo? Are there differences?
*edit. Yes, noise. I googled it, there are mods to remove hiss. Sounds like it's only an issue before high gain pedals etc. :think:

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Post by jhyang549 »

Cdog wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:11 pm
jhyang549 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:19 pm

Video game soundtracks can be astonishingly good. I can relate, that music can be forever etched in a teen's developing brain haha. I only dabbled in a diabolo demo, but my fave game soundtrack was from Tenchu:Stealth Assasins on PS1. Bought the album on itunes a few years ago. So I can relive my virtual ninja days :lol:

Oh, man. That takes me back. Such a good game on PS1. After I clocked it, I used to spend hours and hours on debug mode doing stupid shit to the enemies. Easily one of the best games on that platform.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Post by Slowy »

Cdog wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:15 pm
MiniForklift wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:57 pm

Thats a cool hand me down! 8)
I've been totally ignorant abiut the GE7 until a recent GAS episode. Cant wait to have a play. This one is about 5 years old, from the RS. Possibly lacking mojo? Are there differences?
*edit. Yes, noise. I googled it, there are mods to remove hiss. Sounds like it's only an issue before high gain pedals etc. :think:
GE-7 is the most underrated pedal. I couldn't live without mine. Lots of YT examples show big shifts in the sliders but try setting everything in the middle, raising the volume a bit then making subtle shifts in the EQ curve. It's a powerful tool.

Courtesy of Brent Mason, set everything flat then pull the 800 right down. This works on clean tones best, a bit harsh with gain to my ears. Whether you play clean or not, it's worth hearing the difference.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

blackstratblues
Gibson
Has liked: 413 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by blackstratblues »

Uli Roth plays Sails of Charon on Bukovac’s unplugged Duesenberg. Ace.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »