Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: YouTube goodness

Post by jubbathehog »

robthemac wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:19 pm
Slowy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:50 pm
Jay wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:27 pm

Easy with a fire going like that :wink:
Funny... that is my next acoustic project. Watching him though, I feel the cold wind of uncertainty.
I tried it last weekend. It's easy to play a boring simple version. It's awfully tricky to add colour.
I
That’s great playing. Like this version too, but not very classical. RIP Jeff. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bf8a1a-hL9Q https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bf8a1a-hL9Q https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bf8a1a-hL9Q

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

clubhouse wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:16 am "Ancient key-oary"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great that it's a Jag though...and amazing appointments...but would the poor thing ever get a proper fangin'? Possibly through a cab made from ancient toe-toe-rah or mat-tie?

How did they get a slab of kauri out of the country as unfinished? Maybe exported as a kitchen chopping board?
At some point in the early part of this build Ben talks about how the initial enquiry was 7 years ago or something like that. Thats how long it took to get the paperwork done to export the slab to the UK. He noted it was very difficult (done by the client. Good guessing - game Who is it?. Finn?
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

In some ways, this is the Wagon Wheel of its era but just listen to these two take it to another level.

Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

I've always rated this version and listen to it often. Listen to how steady and in tune the vocal note tails are on the ending of phrase sustains. Class don't need no auto-tune. And a wicked fingerpicked, tripping guitar motif pushes the song momentum forward despite being slowed. High craft.

Still can't figure out why the bongos are in there, let alone work in a country song.

I like The White Strips but can't get my jam together with their version...for me, waaaaay too over-wrought. Even beyond psychopathic break down :?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Cool little interview with Steve Dawson (Ex Marshall Engineer)

Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

The heaviest guitar sound of 2023? https://www.guitarworld.com/news/russia ... MLLDi4dGoM

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

KNNZ wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:13 pm The heaviest guitar sound of 2023? https://www.guitarworld.com/news/russia ... MLLDi4dGoM

Russian Circles are awesome, if you like that kind of thing check out ISIS!

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

cheers JB i'll check them out

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

KNNZ wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:44 pm cheers JB i'll check them out
Also Daturah are one of my favourites :-)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

Wasn’t sure where to put this (and sorry if it’s been posted before) but turns out Chat GPT can make code for a Tube screamer, it doesn’t sound very good but intriguing none the less.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Good to see goth alive in 2023, not that the sisters were ever goth, eh Eldritch...