Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Recommend me a reverse guitar pedal.

Post by Slowy »

There's a reverse setting on my Flashback but it's a one trick pony. Are there any pedals that are good for this without being too complex/expensive?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Re: Recommend me a reverse guitar pedal.

Post by jeremyb »

I don’t think there’s anything simpler out there, maybe the new boss dd-8? I like reverse delay but it’s not something I’d use often.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1358 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Post by GrantB »

Do you mean for loops, or live, mainly?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 806 times

Post by hamo »

Slowy wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:57 pm There's a reverse setting on my Flashback but it's a one trick pony. Are there any pedals that are good for this without being too complex/expensive?
I'm not sure I understand this entirely. Are you saying the reverse function on the Flashback isn't versatile enough?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

GrantB wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:28 pm Do you mean for loops, or live, mainly?
Live. I have a section on a song that really begs for the effect.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

hamo wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:23 pm
Slowy wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:57 pm There's a reverse setting on my Flashback but it's a one trick pony. Are there any pedals that are good for this without being too complex/expensive?
I'm not sure I understand this entirely. Are you saying the reverse function on the Flashback isn't versatile enough?
Yes. Can't get the effect to quite fit into the tempo. There's a reverse solo in Sarah McLaghlan's 'Building a Mystery' that defines what I want. The Flashback doesn't replicate it.
Kinda tricky; I've never bothered with reverse before so I don't have the vocabulary to define exactly what I need.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

This is awesome, but not sure if what you need. I have one I could bring around for a test drive if interested?

https://www.walrusaudio.com/products/lo ... 5645548779

Timoes
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Timoes »

EHX Cathedral ?
You Should Never Smoke in Pjamas. FZ.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3481 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Slowy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:39 am
Yes. Can't get the effect to quite fit into the tempo. There's a reverse solo in Sarah McLaghlan's 'Building a Mystery' that defines what I want. The Flashback doesn't replicate it.
Kinda tricky; I've never bothered with reverse before so I don't have the vocabulary to define exactly what I need.
Cool song. Sounds like its set 100% wet for the 2nd part of the solo. Does the flashback have tap tempo you could use to get it in time?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Tap tempo is your friend! Altho' in that song it wouldn't surprise me if the reverse was actually done in a DAW rather than with a pedal.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 806 times

Post by hamo »

Being a Flashback I assume you can download custom delays using the Toneprint feature? I'm a little rusty with pedals so I might be wrong, or if I'm not, you might not want to be bothered with all that hoopdehoo, but you might find something online that someone's done already? Could be quicker/easier than sourcing a whole new pedal.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Optical
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 147 times

Post by Optical »

Avalanche run does a good job of it and has tap tempo.
Or a Line 6 M5/7/9/13 pedal will do it well too

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

I seem to remember the EHX Memory Man with Hazarai having it. The setting is called 'Reverse Echo' and I remember it being pretty cool, good pedal too. Think it's been out of stock everywhere for ages so you'd have to plum your chances with one popping up on TM
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 380 times

Post by Dharmajester »

There is a humble Danelectro pedal specifically for reverse effects. The Back Talk, it is highly regarded even by those who normally patronise more expensive brands.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1105 times
Been liked: 1422 times

Post by robthemac »

Dharmajester wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:21 am There is a humble Danelectro pedal specifically for reverse effects. The Back Talk, it is highly regarded even by those who normally patronise more expensive brands.
Now that is a derivative of the word 'patron' that I really need to ponder.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.