meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Re: NPD x2

Post by Voxshall »

Slowy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:21 am
Voxshall wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:10 am
Slowy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:51 am
Do you play in a band? I ask because I tried using a stereo rig. It sounded great on its own but was more trouble than it was worth live.
I do play in a band, what was the trouble you had?
Biggest problem was with modulation and delay. The slightest variation of timing and it was a trainwreck.
Then there's all the extra stuff to carry.
Fact is, with talent as teeny as mine, it's best to keep things very sinple. :rofl:

Are you the only guitar in your band? That would help.
I'm the only guitarist but we do have keys. I heard the timing issue is impossible if you use a modelling amp but I can't imagine you would be using one of those. I use the modulation and delay in wet dry and the reverb in stereo. As for extra stuff to carry, my silverface champ is tiny so I can carry the entire rig in one trip (see above post). But I do use one amp at some band practices. The keys player was telling me he loved the band because he could hear everyone so easily compared to other bands he has played in, so maybe we just got lucky with a good band mix.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Re: NPD x2

Post by Slowy »

Voxshall wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:56 am
Slowy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:21 am
Voxshall wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:10 am

I do play in a band, what was the trouble you had?
Biggest problem was with modulation and delay. The slightest variation of timing and it was a trainwreck.
Then there's all the extra stuff to carry.
Fact is, with talent as teeny as mine, it's best to keep things very sinple. :rofl:

Are you the only guitar in your band? That would help.
I'm the only guitarist but we do have keys. I heard the timing issue is impossible if you use a modelling amp but I can't imagine you would be using one of those. I use the modulation and delay in wet dry and the reverb in stereo. As for extra stuff to carry, my silverface champ is tiny so I can carry the entire rig in one trip (see above post). But I do use one amp at some band practices. The keys player was telling me he loved the band because he could hear everyone so easily compared to other bands he has played in, so maybe we just got lucky with a good band mix.
Just starting with another band that has keys and one guitar. Might try it there. I've been using my old Harmony combo with them and the bass player said I was the first guitarist he's met who didn't play too loud.

"...modulation and delay in wet dry and the reverb in stereo..." This I think might be the trick. Thanks. :thumbup:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.